Chapter 2 - Se Casser

Chapter 2: Se Casser

 Malia POV

It’s been at least a few hours since I last checked the time so I got up from my bed where I was watching NETFLIX. Well I didn’t actually get up. My phone was on the floor and I was pretty sure I could reach it without having to get up so I leaned over and my body is twisting in ways that shouldn’t be possible as I am focused on reaching my phone. I grab it and shout,

“Got you!” I smile but that smile is instantly removed when I end up kissing the floor. Ground 1 Malia 0.

Well that hurt. I got up from the ground and looked at the time. 5:49pm. Okay so it was pretty much dinner time. I went downstairs to start making dinner. I pulled out my phone and sent a text to Cam.

M: Hey, are you staying there for dinner or are you coming back here? I just need to know so I can determine how much to cook for.

A few seconds later my phone dings. I unlock it.

C: Yeah I think I will just stay here for dinner. I will see you in a little bit, love you ♡

M: Okay. Love you too ♡

I turn off my phone and set it on the counter. I open the fridge and scan it. UGH we have no food. I honestly don’t get it. I grab my keys and walk out the door, locking it. I hop into my white Range Rover and head to Wal-Mart. I buy some strawberries, ice cream (never know when you’ll need it), lettuce, green peppers, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, orange juice, milk, spaghetti sauce, wheat bread (I don’t really like white bread unless it’s a sandwich bun), two dozen eggs, chocolate chips ,mushrooms, 5lb of potatoes, canned pineapple, flour, apples, bananas, and pomegranate seeds. I really like fruit. I go to the counter and pay for the stuff with my credit card my dad gave me and Cameron before he left after mom’s funeral. Cameron has one too. I try not to use mine too often because I feel guilty. It’s not hard considering I don’t go shopping because there is no one to shop with, the only thing I use it for is groceries.

I arrive home and it is 6:28pm. I put all the groceries in the proper place and start making the pizza dough. I really like pizza I mean who doesn’t but I also like homemade pizza. I don’t mind ordering pizza but all the grease just grosses me out. I finish making the dough and let it rise for a while. I come back at 7:00pm and start spreading it into a circle. I put the spaghetti sauce on spreading it around leaving a tiny thin piece for the crust. I like think crust pizza. I will eat thick crust though. I then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on. I then put mushrooms over the pizza. I stick it in the oven for about 15 minutes and I get started on making the second pizza. I did the same thing with this pizza only I put pineapple on it. After putting it in the oven with 13 minutes left I went and sat down on the couch in the living room. I felt my pocket for my phone and realized that I left it on the counter.

UGH, I groaned. The counter is so far away, oh well. I snuggled into the couch and just lay there thinking. I don’t even know what I was thinking about, just thinking. Suddenly the timer on the oven goes up making me snap out of my imagination and run to the oven. I put oven mitts on and pull out the mushroom pizza and see that the cheese is melted to perfection. I leave the pineapple pizza in for 2 more minutes. I set the mushroom pizza on top of the stove and let it cool down for a while. It is 7:30 now so I can eat at 7:45pm and when I am done Cam will be home. I picked up my phone from the counter and hoisted myself onto the counter. I unlocked my phone and went to Instagram. I didn’t have many followers because no one really knew me. I had about 89 and I was only following Cameron, Camila, and Ariana Grande. I was in the mood to post a picture of something but I didn’t know what. Then I saw the pizza out of the corner of my eye and I was like, okay I guess it will do. I took a picture of the mushroom pizza and captioned it, keep it simple, keep it safe, keep it semi-homemade…. Jk it is homemade. I posted it and turned off my phone just as the oven went off for the pineapple pizza. I opened the oven and took out the pineapple pizza and set it next to the mushroom pizza allowing it to cool down. I cleaned up the flour and everything while it was cooling. By the time I finished cleaning up and putting the dishes away the pizza was cooled. I cut them both up because I wanted a slice of each and put one of each on my plate. I then got back on the counter and sat crisscross-applesauce eating my pizza. I checked the time on my phone and it was 7:54pm. Cameron should be home any minute.