Chapter 57: 11 days

Hi everyone! The Secret Life of Malia Dallas, is getting closer towards the end. I have already finished the book, I am just putting up about a chapter a week. I know I have been gone for so long that I have lost a lot of my readers, and I don't get to see all of your guys' comments anymore. It makes me a little sad. I know I took a really long time to update, but I started this book when I was in a dark place and all alone. I have a much healthier life, and I decided to not leave it unfinished. If there is anyway that my readers now could try and encourage others to read this book please do! I know it's not perfect, but I think a lot of people will find they are able to relate to Malia.

Also, my new book "The Roommate", I have been working on it. Around 7 chapters are published as of right now. I have written 14 chapters, and I am working on the 15th. I already have the whole book outlined, so that overtime I don't lose my place. I decided to take it a little easier in terms of classes for the remainder of the school year, and I will be able to work on it a bit over the summer. After I finish The Roommate, I probably will be gone from writing for a bit because college is very demanding, and as much as I love it, I don't want to start new projects and let you guys get attached only for me to not be able to finish.

Maybe every now and then I will publish a oneshot. I might get back onto my tumblr and do more of the imagines that are still piled in my inbox. I might even compile all those imagines and put them into a wattpad book so it's in one place for you all to read.

Anyways, I hope you all have enjoyed this book as much as I have. It's been up and down, but I am happy that I will be able to finish it for you all. THAT BEING SAID THIS IS NOT THE LAST CHAPTER. THERE ARE STILL A COUPLE MORE CHAPTERS TO GO DO NOT WORRY Y'ALL!!!

ENJOY

Chapter 57: 11 days

Malia's POV

I woke up early the next morning because today was the day of gramps' funeral. I got dressed in my black dress. It was very simple, it had thick straps, fully covering each shoulder and it poofed out a little bit. I slipped on my black lace up heels before I put my hair into a simple but elegant bun and grabbed my black Chanel purse. With the way I was dressed I felt like I was going to a black and white ball rather than to a funeral, but I wanted to look nice for Gramps, I hadn't seen him in a while. I didn't apply any make up yet because the funeral wasn't until later so I was going to delay putting more stuf on my face.

I made a cup of coffee before pouring it into a tumbler and leaving a note for Cam. I fed Jaxx and said goodbye to him before getting into my car and texting Ari I was on my way. I got to her house at around 7:20am and she greeted me with a huge hug.

"Hey Mals! How have you been?" She asks as she pulls me into her house and I smile.

"I've seen better days," I tell her honestly with a sad smile and she gives me this look of sympathy. I mean I know she doesn't want to give me that look but she can't help it. I mean what else are you supposed to say? I mean you have to be really close to someone to be able to say "that sucks" and not get punched in the face because of your lack of sensitivity. But Ari knows what it is like to lose a grandparent so I don't care.

She takes me into her kitchen where her mother is sitting drinking a cup of coffee, reminding me that I will have to take my tumbler inside the house and wash it when I get back home. Ari goes up to her room to get the track and Joan and I chat while she is gone.

"Ariana told me you went to see Lily, how was that?" She asks with genuine interest and I make myself comfortable on the stools as I talk to her.

"It was quite relaxiing actually, it was really nice to not have to worry about being seen in public or having to worry about anyone taking pictures of me, I mean somebody probably did but I wasn't really thinking about it that way so overall it was nice to just have some genuine alone time with my best friend," I tell her animatedly with a nostalgic smile.