Chapter 40 - La Glace et des Oreillers Moelleux

Guys I am 10 votes away from 1k votes!! Thanks so much for all the reads on this book I honestly never expected this to happen but I am glad that you like my story.

Chapter 40: La Glace et des Oreillers Moelleux

Malia's POV

Lily's plan was brilliant. It was up to me to pull it off. I pulled into our driveway and parked into the garage. Lily was hiding by the front door. I pulled my phone out and dialed.

"Hey are you—," Taylor started but my sniffles stopped him. "What's wrong Mals?" He asked frantically, his voice raising. I could hear the other guys chatter stop in the background.

"I—uh—I don't know, what—huh—to do," I breathe out. My voice sounded hoarse and like I had been crying for a long time. I curled up in my seat. I was hyperventilating really loudly.

"Malia where are you I'm coming to get you, what happened? Just stay on the phone! I'm bringing the guys," Taylor hurries out. I fake a few more sobs.

"I'm here, don't bring the guys," I whisper out. I even managed to make my voice crack at the end.

"Where is here? Why not?" Taylor asks loudly.

"Garage, they can't see me like this," I croak. The prank was only meant for Taylor. I quickly sunk into my seat and curled up and let tears fall. Taylor kept talking to me on the phone and I could hear him rushing through the house. Eventually I heard the door to the garage open and he rushed to my side of the car and opened the door. However he wasn't alone. He brought the guys with him. Of course he did. Well looks like they are all going to get pranked tonight.

"What's wrong Malia?" Matt asks as he pushes to the front of the group and takes my tear stained face in his hands. Cameron had grabbed my hand and was looking at me with fear in his eyes.

"Lily—huh—she... she was—her plane—huh—crashed," I heaved out putting large intakes of breath in random places and letting tears fall. I felt the mood of the room go dead. No one knew what to do. I had just told them my best friend was in a plane accident. What were they supposed to do? It was only meant for Taylor.

"Oh my god," Nash said and took a step back and put his hand to his forehead. Cameron came forward and he hugged me and Matt did as well. I glanced to see Taylor's reaction. His face was blank. But not blank in a way that said he didn't care but blank in a way that said 'I don't have anything to live for anymore.' His face made my heart drop to the floor. I untangled myself from the arms of my family and walked into the house and went straight to the kitchen where Lily should be by now. When I walked in she was there sitting at the curved bar. I gave her a wink and sat next to her and looked at the magazine she was looking through as if nothing happened.

I heard the footsteps of the guys getting closer to the kitchen as we continued reading the magazine that wasn't even that interesting.

"Malia are you—," Gilinsky started but stopped. I am assuming they saw Lily's back. Lily turned around on her chair with a huge smile.

"Hey guys," She said enthusiastically. "Did you miss me?" She asked rhetorically. I turned around as well with a huge smile on my face as well and my legs crossed. The guys looked back and forth between us with confused faces before they had a realization.

"I really don't like you," Nash said to me. I shrug my shoulders and give him a sheepish smile.

"In my defense the prank was meant for Taylor but Taylor just decided to bring you guys down too," I say.

"Well yeah it sounded like you just witnessed a murder of course I was going to bring the other guys," Taylor says.

"Yeah that was payback for what you did," Lily says pointing a finger at Taylor. Then she got up and went over and slapped his arm.