Chapter 43 - Merci

Surprise! I updated. I know so many of you have been begging me to update and I just felt so bad that I hadn't updated in like two years....so here you go. I can't promise Chapter 44 will come any sooner, but for now here is chapter 43. Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 43: Merci

Malia's POV

The week had finished out and it was August 25, 2014. We were leaving for Pittsburgh tomorrow. Shawn had left about a week ago on August 18 because his tour started on the 19th. I was sad to see him go but I knew we would see him soon.

The past weeks were pretty fun. While Matt and I went on our date everyone else went and spent the day with Aiden. From what I was told, they had a lot fun hanging out with him and getting to know his dad.

Matt and I had gone out to lunch and then I showed him all of my favorite places to go when I was really young. You could say that last Thursday was a lot of fun. I got to spend it with my best friend. Matt.

I know Lily is my best friend, but Matt is my best friend in a relationship type of way if you understand what I mean.

The rest of the time we all spent here was just a bunch of YouTube videos filmed, Vines made, we went swimming a lot, Lily and I did a bit more shopping, and we just lived normal lives. We may seem famous but we're not really famous. When we go to events like Digi Fest and Magcon, yeah we are famous because you guys are all there but if we walk outside of our houses we are not bombarded with paparazzi cameras. Most people don't recognize us on the street so it's nice to have a little bit of normal time.

I was currently packing for Pittsburgh. I didn't have to bring much because we would only be spending a day there, not even a day. I was only bringing a carry-on. I had packed a pair of pajamas, undergarments, and a few outfits. I wasn't bringing my Louis Vuitton carry-on, it was more of like a small suitcase. However it was considered a carry-on. I put in a few pairs of shoes and then I zipped up the suitcase. I grabbed a decent sized purse and threw my headphones and other stuff in there. I left my phone and its charger out for overnight.

Lily was packing with me as well. She hadn't brought any other bags so she was using mine.

"I'm gonna go start making dinner," I say to her as I stand up from my suitcase. It was pretty close to dinner and I hadn't cooked a single meal since I had been home and I felt awful. But I had made a CD full of a bunch of instrumentals. I didn't need it yet but it was one thing that is now done and out of the way with.

I made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen. It was empty. Everyone was packing for tomorrow. I stood in the kitchen debating in my head what to make for the guys. Then it hit me. Spaghetti. It was a classic and I was kind of in the mood for spaghetti. I had vegetarian meatballs. I must say that the vegetarian meatballs taste amazing.

I pulled the meatballs out of the freezer to thaw a bit. I went to the cupboard and got out spaghetti noodles and then I grabbed some of Prego spaghetti sauce. I boiled some water before I stuck the noodles into the pot.

While the noodles were cooking I poured a bunch of the spaghetti sauce into a container along with the vegetarian meatballs. I warmed them up in the microwave, stirring the noodles every once in a while. When the microwave beeped I took out the spaghetti sauce with the meatballs and set them on the counter. It only took a little longer for the noodles to finish. Once they were done I put them in a strainer so all the hot water was out. I let them cool while I started to make some green beans. Green beans were my favorite vegetable and then maybe asparagus. I let the water boil before I poured a bag of frozen green beans into the pot.

"Maybe I should make bread sticks too," I thought to myself. I could go full on Italian. I pulled out the loaves of bread and started cutting them up. I occasionally stirred the green beans. Once I had cut all of the bread up I buttered it a little and added some small seasoning (garlic) to it. I turned on the oven and I stuck the bread in.