Chapter 3 - S'amuser

Malia's outfit is above along with her phone case

Malia's POV

I wake up and I look around. The sun is shining in my face and I cover my eyes and groan,

“Ugh the light, not now Jesus, I can’t handle your presence it’s too early,” I whine pulling the covers back over my head. Then my phone starts ringing. I rip off the sheets and look at the sun/Jesus whoever it is.

“Okay fine, be that way!” I grab my phone and pick it up.

“Hello?”

“Hi sweetie.”

“DADDY!”

“I'm sorry I haven’t been in contact as much. They just have never given me my phone.”

“Its okay dad I understand, I really miss you.”

“I miss you too Mals. Is Cameron up?”

“I don’t think so, he invited his friends over without telling me so I don’t exactly know what they did. But he really misses you too.”

“I miss him too. Well I don’t want to wake him. Tell him I love him.”

“I will.”

“I love you sweetie.”

“I love you too.”  I say and then we both hang up. It’s rare that my dad gets to call me. He is in the army and stationed in Afghanistan. He felt that it was his duty to protect our country. I missed him so much. My mom and dad loved each other so much. I think that when mom died it only made it harder, having to go away. But I guess maybe in a way, being away from here, he isn't constantly reminded of her. I just hope he's safe.

I walk into my bathroom and turn on the shower. I didn't get to take one last night and I feel really disgusting. I strip off my jean shorts and crop top. I have no idea how I fell asleep like that. I get in the shower and sigh; AHH warm water feels so good. My muscles start to relax and I begin to clean myself.

About 20 minutes later I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around myself. I walk into my room and grab black dance shorts, a pink sports bra, and a large white flowy tank top. I put my clothes on in the bathroom and begin to brush my hair. It’s the same color as Cameron’s hair but has started to get lighter at the bottom turning a bit blonde, making it look a bit ombre but it really isn't, just in the lighting it looks that way. I don’t really care though. It falls to the middle of my back and I am comfortable with that. I throw it up in a messy bun and put my hot pink bandanna around my head to make sure no stray hairs get in my face. I then go to my drawers and pull out a pair of huff socks. I have a tendency of almost always wearing socks because my feet are always cold. Same with my hands and the rest of my body but it’s mostly my feet and hands. I grab my phone and head out to get breakfast. I go downstairs to get some breakfast.

I walk into the living room and I see the kitchen. YES!! Food! I really want fruit.

“I hope the guys didn't eat it a—AHHHH!!” I scream as I trip over something and fall. I rub my head and get up slowly. Once I am standing I look at the ground.

“OH MY GOD AHHHH WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE!!” I scream as I run to the kitchen and grab the first thing I see, which of course happens to be a frying pan. Well Tangled is about to happen in my kitchen.

I hear someone come bounding down the stairs and it’s Cameron.

“Mals, why are you hiding behind a frying pan?” He asks sounding quite confused, which would make sense because I'm cowering behind a frying pan like Rapunzel.