Chapter 34 - Gâteau

Hey guys I know it might be a little late in the day for some of you but I'm sorry. My closet is STILL under construction and stuff, but it should be done soon. I am getting my wisdom teeth taken out on Tuesday and I'm a little nervous. But I'm not too frightened.

This is kind of off topic but I was vegan for approximately four months and I went back to simply being vegetarian to make it easier on my parents, but I am thinking of going back because it was a lot easier to control my eating habits lol. I mean I love food and all but I don't feel healthy, and even while I was vegan, I was a lot happier with myself. I just hope my parents take it well lol, I plan to start tomorrow :) Wish me luck and enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 34: Gâteau

Malia's POV

I had texted Jack so he could send the rental car. I was to text him when I was coming back from shopping so they could get Shawn out of the hotel. A black range rover pulled up in front of me and I saw Logan step out.

"Logan?" I ask slightly confused.

"The guys sent me to pick you up in this because they said it would be easier to carry the groceries," He says with a smile as he holds the door open for me. I smile at him. I climb in with my few bags.

"Where to?" He asks.

"Just go to the local grocery store s'il vous plait," I tell him. He nods with a smile and the car begins to move. I had found the perfect recipe for Shawn's cake earlier today. I pulled it up and screen shotted all the ingredients I would need. The thing is. Because we don't live in the hotel room it is going to be hard to make everything even if there is an oven. What will I do with all the excess stuff? I could always just give it to Alyssa even though she probably doesn't need it. Logan pulls up to what seems to be the grocery store and drops me off.

"Thanks!" I shout as I head in.

"I will be over there when you're done!" He shouts and points to a parking space. I nod as I head inside. Odd thing is, I am still wearing my heels, dress, Chanel purse, and sunglasses. I push my sunglasses onto my head as I enter and I grab a cart. I pull out my phone to get the list of ingredients and I make my way around.

"Flour where is the flour?" I ask myself. I weave through the aisles until I eventually spot it. I pick up the smallest bag of flour. I also picked up the sugar while I was in that aisle. Baking powder was next. I located it in the spice aisle along with the salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. I grabbed a carton of six eggs along with one pint of milk. I found the vanilla extract and vegetable oil easily. Then I went on my mission to find the chocolate chips. Once I had filled my cart with the ingredients I rushed to the checkout line. When I reached the cashier she gave my appearance a look. I just shrugged my shoulders at her. She scanned all my items and I handed her my credit card. I helped bag the items.

"No need to rush," She says with a small laugh as I put the bags back into the cart.

"I guess not really but I like to get things done quickly," I tell her as I finish putting the last bag in the cart. "Thank you!" I shout as I leave the checkout aisle. I quickly roll my cart over to Logan's cart and he helps me put everything into the trunk. As I push the cart back to the grocery store I text Carter telling him that I was done shopping.

Carter: okay we will get going.
Malia: hurry, the grocery store isn't far. Text me when you are all out of the hotel.
Carter: Will do.

I get into the car and Logan drives back to the hotel.

"You don't have to hurry, we need time to get Shawn out of the hotel first," I remind Logan. He nods and the car slows a bit. It was now 5:05pm. That was some fast grocery shopping. We arrived at the hotel at 5:24 and Carter still hadn't texted me.