Chapter 56: Coming Home

Hey all! Sorry I have been absent a bit. I had my finals and then I was on vacation. I had planned on writing during vacation, but I got so busy catching up with people. Here is the update for Malia's story. I am probs going to be writing the next couple of days as my spring break comes to an end and classes start for my NEW story called THE ROOMMATE! Chapters 1-7 are posted I believe maybe 8 chapters. So go check it out! It's much more mature and better written than Malia's story because I wrote most of Malia's story when I was 15.

Anyways enjoy!

Chapter 56: Coming Home

Malia's POV

Today was the day. The day I leave. All the guys had gotten on their planes to go home yesterday and today was my day. My turn to go home. My flight was late in the night because I was planning on surprising Cam. I had everything packed and I was already dressed. Since today was a Saturday Lily and I both got to sleep in. We got up at 10:39 and ate breakfast which happened to hash browns and fruit. I packed up my toothbrush and all that stuff that I would need till the very last day. After breakfast I went up to Lily's room and I took out my phone and sent a text to Cam.

Malia: Hey
Cam: Hey are you okay are they taking good care of you?
Malia: Yes they are taking great care of me I am fine. I am doing quite well actually.
Cam: That's good to hear. I miss you Mals.
Malia: I miss you too Cam.
Cam: Then why don't you come home now?
Malia: Cam you know I can't do that but I promise I will be there for the funeral I wouldn't miss it for anything.
Cam: Alright Mals come home soon.
Malia: I will.
Cam: I love you see you soon.
Malia: I love you too.

I was so excited to surprise Cam I really missed him. I could practically hear the disparity in his tone and it was killing me. But I was flying back tonight so I would get to see him. I turned off my phone and just lay on Lily's bed for a couple of minutes. I would finally be going home. I mean I was home for a while but Gramps was sick and that just wasn't fun but now I would finally be going home and it was like the slate was wiped clean.

** ** ** ** ** **

It was time. It was 7:20pm and Lily was driving me to the airport. I had said goodbye to her parents at home and they wished me the best of luck. Lily walked through everything with me and now we were just sitting at the gate to my plane.

It was 8:48pm and my flight was scheduled to leave in exactly 12 minutes. But the plane had arrived early so they were boarding now.

"I'm going to miss you," Lily said as she hugged me.

"I'll miss you too," I said as I hugged her back. They called my ticket seating area and I had to board. I gave Lily one last squeeze and then I got onto the plane. I'm coming home I whispered to myself with a sad smile.

** ** ** ** ** **

I slept through a majority of the flight just because I am used to being with other people when I fly and it was different to fly alone. I flew over to Florida alone but I wasn't thinking and I was acting on impulse; now, I just have all this time to reflect upon my ambitious actions and it makes me regret every single one of them. However, I have to face my past....this is The Secret Life of Malia Dallas not Lion King, wrong story Mals. What's wrong with me? I clearly need to get home and soon.

Although I slept through most of the flight I was awake for the landing. You know that feeling you get when you see someone you have a crush on or that feeling you get when you are falling in your dream. Well that's what it felt like coming home, Looking out the airplane window and seeing LA I just got all of these butterflies in my stomach and for once I was welcoming them. I smiled a huge smile as I took a huge breath in. I waited patiently to get off the plane I didn't really want to rush myself. I wanted to take my time to just get used to how everything used to be before I left.