Chapter 29 - S'embrasser

Well I am finally done with school so this is such a nice relief and I took my SAT Subject Test today so I don't have to worry about that anymore. SUMMER IS HERE YAY! Well now I will have some more free time for you guys :) Hope you enjoy this chapter and please comment I love talking to you guys!

Chapter 29: S'embrasser

Malia's POV

I have woken up and I check the time. 5:10. I woke up early. Our flight is at 8:55am. So at least it is not like those other times. Our week in Virginia was quite relaxed and very nice. Matt and I went out yesterday nothing very fancy but we walked around and went long boarding. Then we just cuddled in his bed and read out loud to each other. I think that is like our thing. To read to each other. His voice makes me melt inside when I hear it. Not to be creepy but you have to admit it does.

I got up and stretched my limbs. I still had my cast on and I would for this upcoming week. It wasn't awful it was just a hassle to have. I had taken a shower last night and while I kind of felt disgusting this morning I knew I was just groggy. I went into the bathroom and washed my face. I then packed up my stuff and put it in my suit case. I had put everything I needed in my carry on last night except for my phone and charger. I had also laid out what I was going to wear to the airport. I didn't sleep in my clothes because I knew I didn't have to. I took off my sweatpants and tank top and put on my black leggings and a large light grey sweater. I then put on a dark red scarf over the sweater. Airports are cold and airplanes are colder. I went into the bathroom and my hair was deciding to be wavy so all I did was braid some of the front pieces then I pulled them back and pinned them in the back. I walked out of the bathroom satisfied with my hair and I slipped on my black vans then I put on my reading glasses and picked up my brand new copy of The Help I bought on my first date with Matt and made my way downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and I wasn't surprised to see that no one was awake yet. I went into the fridge and looked around for food. I found some left over pizza we had. I am surprised we even had leftovers. We had ordered pizza the night before. I checked and it wasn't pepperoni it was mushroom. YES! I quickly take out the two slices that were there and put them on a plate. I then hop onto a stool at the counter and start eating and open my book to where I had left off. Matt had finished reading Chapter 5 and 6 to me the other day in my bedroom so I was starting with Chapter 7.

THE HEAT WAVE finally passes round the middle a October and we get ourselves a cool fifty degrees. In the mornings, that bathroom seat get cold out there, give me a little start when I set down. It's just a little room they build inside the carport. Inside is a toilet and a little sink attached to the wall. A pull cord for the lightbulb. Paper have to set on the floor. (Kathryn Stockett, The Help)

I continued on with my reading and my eating of the pizza. Pizza was really good. I was close to the end of chapter 8 when someone came into the kitchen. I didn't look up because I wanted to finish the chapter.

"Ho-ly sh*t," I say. All I'm think is, The date. The blind date is next weekend.

Mother smiles, shocked. She doesn't even scold me for cursing. My hair looks great. The Shinalator actually worked. (Kathryn Stockett, The Help)

I look up from the end of chapter 8 to see Matt sitting directly across from me just looking at me. I practically fall off the chair at how close he is.