Chapter 54: Mort

I apologize for the long wait. Things have been a bit hectic, I had some midterms last week and now I am facing my finals for the quarter. In case you didn't know I am in college, and it is very hard to keep up with writing while in college. Thankfully my spring break is coming soon, so I will have some time to update and continue the roommate, which I ENCOURAGE YOU ALL TO READ PLEASE!

Without further ado here is chapter 54

Chapter 54: Mort

Malia's POV

It wasn't September 9 when I got the call like I was supposed to. It hadn't been a week. It was Sunday. Only Sunday.

Flashback to Sunday morning

I had stayed up all night again. We spent all of Saturday with gramps and we were going back today. It was currently only five thirty. I had been watching reruns of Friends and eating ice cream. Ari had called to express her condolences earlier in the week and to tell me that they had finished the song and that I could come in whenever I wanted to hear it. She told me she understood if I wanted to wait.

#prayforgrampsdallas had been trending worldwide ever since Cameron's big twitlonger tweet. I really loved all the support and prayers the Nafians were sending our way.

I was halfway through my bowl of ice cream when the phone rang. I picked it up as I swallowed my ice cream.

"Hello?"

"Is this the Dallas residence?" An unfamiliar voice asked and I sat up, not caring that I almost killed my laptop.

"Yes," I said my heart beat now racing.

"I am terribly sorry but your grandfather passed just moments ago," He said like he had done this times before. I had stopped listening when he said 'I am terribly sorry' because I knew what came next. I dropped the phone on the ground so in shock. I looked around my room frantically. Things didn't get blurry it wasn't like in the movies when things start to get dizzy. No, nothing moved and that was what was freaking me out. This was life. My life wasn't moving it was just standing still as I screamed. My cabinets just stood there, they didn't sway like I was swaying. It was just me who was now an emotional wreck. It was me hyperventilating and they were all watching. I finally let it out. I screamed at the top of my lungs. I screamed so loud and so long. I let it all out. Everything.

I finally let loose, I sunk to the floor and I was in tears. I didn't care who saw me or what anyone thought. Moments later the guys burst into my room to find me on the floor sobbing.

"Oh my god," was all I heard Cameron say before he sunk to the floor and started crying too. I couldn't breathe. I didn't want to see anyone I just wanted my mom but she was gone. I wanted to see my gramps but he was gone too.

"This wasn't supposed to happen," I kept on repeating. "He had two more days!" I shouted out. I was so mad at the world. I knew I couldn't blame anyone but I was just so hurt. Gramps had been taken away from me.

"He's gone," I whispered to myself as I started to catch my breath. The tears had stopped and now I was just staring at the floor. "He's gone," I whispered again.

End of flashback

Here we are now. With Grammie in the hospital. It's 7:00am on a Sunday and we're here in the hospital watching as he is wheeled out of the room.

"Wait please wait!" I shouted running after the people. People in the hallway looked at me like I was crazy but I didn't care. "Can I please just say one thing to him?" I pleaded. They looked at gramps before looking at me.