Chapter 49: Peleas de Helado

PLEASE READ

Please go check out my new book The Roommate, I won't post the next chapter (chapter 50) until it gets some more reads (I know this sounds like ehh, but I think you all will like the book if you like romance)

Chapter 49: Peleas de Helado

Malia's POV

I had to wake up early that morning because even though I do school online, I still have to actually log in on time or else I will be locked out of the 'classroom'. I woke up at 7:45am which gave me enough time, because I didn't have to get dressed or anything since it was online. I let Lily sleep while I grabbed my laptop, a large blanket, my textbooks, and my glasses before silently making my way to the kitchen. No one else was up so it was just me. I set my laptop down on the counter before setting my textbooks next to it. I hopped up onto the stool and sat cross-legged as I wrapped the blanket around me. I put my glasses on and then I opened up my laptop. I had to be logged in by 8:00am and I had 12 minutes left.

I opened up the web page in my browser and logged in with 10 minutes to spare. My first class for the day would be Biology. I was never interested in bio mostly because it was the general science that you learned about throughout all your elementary and middle school years. I had already taken physics as a freshman and chemistry as a sophomore.

I took out my lab note book and my biology text book. Class didn't officially start until 8:15am but you had to be logged in by 8:00am. I got off my stool and went to the fridge to get some breakfast. I eventually decided on mango, tea, and oatmeal. I boiled some water while I was slicing a mango. I like my mangos sliced rather than diced, I know it's weird but I have been that way ever since I was younger. I poured some plain oats into a bowl before pouring the hot water over it and adding some brown sugar to it for flavor. Then I poured the remaining hot water into my mug with my tea bag in it. I came back to my stool and placed my food in front of me and out of the way of my laptop before settling back in with my blanket.

I watched as the clock changed from 8:14 to 8:15 and my computer screen changed. (A/N: I have never done cyber school so I have no idea how any of this works, so I am just kind of going to make some of this up) Suddenly a live camera feed was playing on my computer and my Biology teacher walked into the room. I quickly opened up my online note book for Biology on my laptop as he was writing his name on the board.

"Hello class my name is Mr. Isker and I will be your Biology teacher this year," He said as he set the chalk down and then faced the camera. One good thing about Cyber School is that they can't see you, so they can't really tell if you're awake or if you're paying attention. We have a chat box and so that's how we ask questions but if the teacher wants us to do any work problems they have to pre-program the website so that the problem will appear on our screens and we have to solve it and submit it. That's kind of how we take tests.

But since this was the first day of school a majority of my classes I knew would be an introduction to the curriculum and small homework assignments. While Mr. Isker was blabbing on about Biology I went upstairs and grabbed my phone. I know I sound like a bad student, but honestly nothing was happening in class anyway.

Eventually Biology ended and I was given an hour of break. One thing I do like about my school's system is that, they don't put all of your classes in one day. They alternate. So today I only have Bio, French, AP Calculus, and Photo 2. Tomorrow I have AP American, AP Lang, Computer Science, and Creative Writing. I get an hour break between first and second period and a 30 minute lunch break between third and fourth period. It's a bit complicated but I like it.

With my one hour break I decided to upload the video I had made the other day when we got back from Pittsburgh.

@MaliaIDallas: about to upload my new youtube video! Give it a like and subscribe!