Chapter 5. Little Sister

Time flies, and the years have passed. In a blink of an eye, five years later, Ye Jiaojiao has grown into a delicate girl under the love of her family and her younger brothers.

    In the past few years, Ye Jiaojiao has also clearly understood the era he is in, the 1960s.

    The current location is a small mountain village deep in the mountains of a certain province. Beicheng Village is surrounded by mountains on three sides. There is only a Nanshan Village on the opposite side of the river, and other villages are even farther away.

    Beicheng Village is more than ten kilometers away from the nearest county seat. Therefore, this small village still lives in such an environment.

    That decade-long Red Revolution also broke out last year, and now the county and cities are starting to riot. Ye Jiaojiao has not been to the county for five years. She used to be too young because she was too young. .

    Now the people in the village have a difficult life. The staple foods are basically sweet potato rice, corn tortillas, miscellaneous grains, wild vegetables, which are not oily, but fortunately, it is much better than the bloody wind outside.

    Ye Jiaojiao's home is an ordinary farmhouse close to the mountain. The only unusual thing is probably the five large blue brick houses built by Ye Baoguo with his retirement allowance.

    At present, grandparents live in the main house, one for the uncle’s family, one for the uncle’s family, and one for Ye Jiaojiao’s parents. The interior of the house is very large. Each room lives with their children, and the remaining one is for sundries. room.

    The backyard of the house is very large, with more than 1 mu of land. It is a private plot reclaimed by Ye Jiaojiao's family, and some sweet potatoes, corn, and seasonal vegetables are planted on the side.

    On the other side are the pigpen and chicken coop, and there are also toilets here. There are two big fat pigs in the pigpen, one of which is from the village. The pigs shared by this village will kill the whole village during the Chinese New Year. Meaty.

    There are also 14 chickens in the chicken coop next to it. It is said that the chickens raised are counted on a per capita basis. You can't raise more. If there are more, it will become a corner of socialism.

    Although it’s messed up outside now, the primary and secondary schools jointly built by Beicheng Village and Nanshan Village are still open. Because the schools are close to each other, Ye Jiaojiao’s five brothers are very convenient to go to and from school, so they have time to play pig grass, Catch bugs and raise fat and strong animals in the family.

    "Jiaojiao, let's go to play at the foot of the mountain." It was the little girlfriend that Ye Jiaojiao had made last winter. She was the daughter of the village secretary Lin Shu.

    Uncle Lin heard that it was Beicheng Village where he fled in his early years. Later, he joined a family with only daughters in the village. Only Ye Lingling had a daughter under his knees. He became the village secretary and accountant because of his integrity.

    His wife accidentally had a baby during an early pregnancy and her body was damaged. After many years, she gave birth to only one daughter, Lingling. Even so, Uncle Lin continued to take good care of his wife and loved his only daughter. Worry about not having a son.

    "Okay, Sister Lingling, wait for me," Ye Jiaojiao replied loudly.

    Thinking of going to the foot of the mountain, she carried a small back basket. This was made by her uncle for Ye Jiaojiao, but she has not used it yet. Ye Lingling is 6 years old this year, one year older than Jiaojiao.