𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟒

𝐉𝐚𝐞

Steve and I wait for the elevator, as it came and we walked in, I lean on the railing watching as the elevator moved down.

"You almost snapped." Steve said breaking the surprisingly tense atmosphere.

"Yeah, almost." I said, breathing steady and my eyes tired looking.

"I could have easily done the talking." Steve said making me snort with a sarcastic smile.

"If you hadn't noticed, he seemed to be going after me because Nick was in my apartment before he died. Trust me, either way I could have snapped." I said before looking over my shoulder to him.

"Why did you?" Steve asked making me skip a beat and shake it off instantly.

"No reason." I said too quickly in my option giving him a momentum showing I was hiding something. Something I didn't want to awaken again.

"Did something happened?" Steve asked walking to stand beside me on my right, looking down at me.

"All you can know is that I'm not the one to be told what do, nor get accused of something I didn't do. Pierce pushed first, I can push back." I said before I looking back out to the outside. The door opened just after Steve was about to speak, in came Rumlow.

"Cap, Park." Rumlow acknowledged us and I nod greeting him. The elevator moved down to the next level.

"Evidence Response found some fibres in the roof they want us to see. You want me to get a tac team ready?" Rumlow asked Steve.

"No, let's wait and see what it is first." Steve said making Rumlow nod at the orders. My eyes were drawn to one of Rumlow guys holding their hand over their shocker stick attached to their upper thigh.

The door opened again showing more men with black suitcases with them before they nod at us and join in the elevator. The elevator got a bit crowed that Steve and I stood back to chest.

"I'm sorry about what happened with Fury. It's messed up what happened to him." Rumlow said making Steve thank him while I stayed quiet and took in each persons inner emotions.

I looked over at one of the men beside me and took a closer look with my eyes and saw he was sweating and he was slightly shaking, plus his inner emotions were nervous.

The door opened yet again showing Rumlow's right hand man with two other tall bulky men behind him. They walk in and I tensed feeling crowded and surrounded even more.

I took a deep breath before I looked over to Steve behind my shoulder and took out the hidden blade behind my back and under my shirt.

"Before we get started, does anyone what to get out?" I hissed and my eyes searched for anyone to make the first move.

Rumlow's right hand man made the first move powering up his stick and attacked towards me.