𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟕

𝐉𝐚𝐞

As Chris had landed the red helicopter in front of a storage compartment. We closed the doors and walked towards the door.

"Been tracking you since your bounty hit the airwaves. Quite a shit-storm you stirred up down south. I thought I'd tap in. Couldn't let you two have all the fun." Chris said with a smirk before we stopped just outside the area.

"Hey, I'm sorry about Sartana. We all are. She was one of the good ones." Chris said before we entered the area. Who was Sartana?

"As you can see, the Network's gone full scale. We're new and improved. Over 500, 000 extractions and counting. When they put up the wall, we had to up our game, find funding. Now, our reach extends all the way to San Cristóbal. The rules are the same. You get in, you gotta earn in." Chris said moving us around the room as Machete and I looked around.

"We monitor our members to make sure they're doing their part. If they're not, I'll deport their asses myself." Chris said, I looked over her shoulder and check the computers.

"All of them. Missing?" I asked as we walked over to a Missing board with everyone's faces on them.

"MIA. Every last one of them. One minute, they're tearing ass for the border, the next, they're vanished. Disappeared without a trace. It's like aliens abducted by goddamn aliens. You gotta check this out." Chris said before turning around showing a wide screen tv.

"This is the surveillance footage we got. We think the same douchebag that took you took them." Chris said as three farmers got taken and pointed at Machete.

"Seems like he's building some sort of secret weapon, possibly needs the Mexican labor to finish it." Chris said with her hands on her hips.

"It's in space. He wants to get there before the missiles take off." My eyes snap over to Machete who pieced it together.

"What missiles? What the fuck did I miss?" I asked for me being passed out in the desert somewhere.

"Launch trigger is wired to a biological clock. We need to find one one to disarm it. You got anybody in the Network?" Machete asked turning and looking at Chris.

"Yeah. But you don't like him." Chris said as she chuckled and we walking into a room where an older Mexican man who was working on a bomb, froze and stared at Machete.

When Machete had gotten a good look with the man, he ended up choking him out. He definitely and obviously has some beef with him still.

"Come on, Machete, he's with us." Chris said standing next to me with her arms on her hips again. Chris and I just watched him strangle Osiris.

"He's not with me." Machete said still having a hard grip on Osiris' neck.

"He's our only bomb guy. You wanna choke him out, go ahead. I hear it's always the blue wire." Chris said shrugging before Machete let him go.

"What's he doing here?"

"He came to me about six months ago. Said he's changed his tune." Chris explained placing her arm over my shoulder.

"Cabrones ain't got no tune."

"I know that you would prefer to see me all sorts of dead, but God has already cursed me for what I did to Padre." Osiris said, I could see Machete tense at the name. I knew he was a close friend to him.