𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟐

𝐉𝐚𝐞

The next day, Tony and I went for a run around the park and we kept talking about this morning about what Tony told me so far.

"Slow down, I'll spell it out for you." Tony said as we made it to an open field.

"Babe, your rambling. You lost me." I said as we stopped to catch our breath.

"Look, you know how you're having a dream, and in the dream you gotta pee. Okay. And then your like, 'Oh my God, there's no bathrooms. What am I good do? Oh, someone's watching. I'm gonna go in my pants.' And then you wake up and in real life, you actually have to pee." Tony said explaining a dream like.

"Okay. Everybody has those. Yeah?" I asked for more.

"Right, that's the point I'm making. Apropos of that, last night, I dreamt we had a kid. It was so real. We named him after the letter R." Tony said and I nodded understanding.

"Okay. So you woke up and you thought that we were. . . expecting. No. I'm sorry, no." I said shaking my head, feeling my ponytail whip around.

"I had a dream about it. It was so real." Tony said moving around on his feet.

"Okay, but if you wanted to have a kid, you wouldn't have done that. Plus, I'm unable to carry nor have one." I said untying his knot around his sweater showing off his new arc reactor.

"You brought this up and it's nothing. I mean, even if you can't bare a child, we can always adopt. Like you did with Journey." Tony said so desperately wanting his dream to be real, it was cute.

"This is not helping your case, right now." I said shaking my head again.

"No, this is detachable. It's not a-"

"You don't need that." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"I know, I had the surgery. I'm just trying to protect us and the future usses and that's it. Just in case there's monster in the closet. Instead of, you know-"

"Shirts. You should have shirts in your closet, Babe." I said shaking my head playfully and covering my face with my hands.

"You know me so well. You finished all my sentences." Tony said before he thought some more and spoke.

"You know what there should be? No more surprises. We're gonna have a nice dinner tonight. Show off this Simone G. Right? And we should have no more surprises. Ever. I should promise you." Tony said making me laugh.

"Yes."

"I will." Tony promised before the two of us kissed, I wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

"Li-Jae Park and Tony Stark." I flinched when I heard a voice that was to our left. As I stared at him from the open portal, I was feeling woozy.

"I'm Doctor Stephen Strange. I need you to come with me." Stephen Strange? That name back in D.C. Stephen had looked over at me while Tony glanced at the two of us.

I felt a spread over my inner palm of my left hand. I looked and saw a new formed marking over my skin. It was almost aesthetic and supernatural.