𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟑

𝐉𝐚𝐞

All of us had to talk this over. The whole meeting was a stupid disaster. I had stayed quiet until my comment was needed in my opinion.

"Secretary Ross has a Congressional Medal of Honor, which is one more than you have." Rhodey said as he and Sam were arguing the time by.

"So let's say we agree to this thing. How long is it gonna be before they LoJack us like a bunch of common criminals?" Sam asked, I was laying on head on Pietro's shoulder.

"117 countries want to sign this. 117, Sam, and your just like, 'No, it's call, we got it'." Rhodey said mimicking his voice like Sam's.

"How long are you going to play both sides?" Sam asked crossing his arms.

"I have an equation." Vision said sitting beside Wanda making Sam mutter under his breath.

"I'm this eight years since Mr. Stark announced himself as Iron Man the number of known enchanted persons had grown exponentially." Vision said while each of us looked at him to continue. Steve was still reading through the book.

"During the same period the number of potentially world-ending events has risen at a commensurate rate." Vision said before Steve spoke.

"Are you saying it's our fault?" Steve asked, almost suggesting.

"I'm saying there may be causality. Our very strength invites challenge. Challenge incites conflict. And conflict. . . breeds catastrophe. Oversight. Oversight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand." Vision said making me look down and think.

"His equation hit me hard." Milo said, my eyes look over at him, he did the same sending me an apologetic look.

"Boom." Rhodey said making him and Sam exchange looks.

"Tony. You are being uncharacteristically non-hyper verbal." Nat said making it very obvious for me.

"That's because he's already made up his mind." I said raising my head from Pietro's shoulder.

"You know me so well, Princess. Actually, I'm nursing an electromagnetic headache. That's what's going on. It's just pain. It's discomfort. Who's putting coffee grounds in the disposal? Am I running a bed and breakfast for a biker gang?" Tony asked going to make a cup of coffee before showing a picture of a dark skin teenage boy.

"Oh, that's Charles Spencer, by the way. He's a great kid. Computer engineering degrees, 3.6 GPA had a floor-level gig at Intel planned for the fall. But first, he wanted to put a few miles on his soul before he parked it behind a desk. See the world. Maybe be of service. Charlie didn't want to go to Vegas or Fort Lauderdale, which is what I would do. He didn't go to Paris or Amsterdam, which sounds fun. He decided to spend the summer building suitable housing for the poor." Tony said making me give him a kind thought.