𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟖

𝐉𝐚𝐞

I finally was able to change into another outfit. It felt good to be in new clothes. I took three guns each and some blades since I didn't have my suit nor my old weapons.

I told Machete to stay by the truck and I would talk with Blanca at the Starlight. I waited till I saw three black cars arrive. Guard after guard came out the cars until a shiny jewel dress come from the truck. Blanca wore her crown as she came out the truck.

"I won." Blanca said pointing at her crown before coming towards me.

"Congrats."

"It's exciting, right? Your looking at the new Miss Texas." Blanca said, my eyes shifted to the men behind her.

"Who are they?" I asked motioning my head to them.

"Listen, cariño, I would love to stay and chit-chat with you, but not while there's a live missile inside state lines. So would you please, pretty please, get into the car and debrief me on your mission. If that's even what you'd like to call your blood splatter fiasco." Blanca said pushing me to the car. My eyebrows crushed together.

"How'd you know." I asked, I never told her about the missiles.

"Know what?"

"I never told you about the missiles. How'd you know it was here?" I asked cautiously, she laughed at my remark.

"Look at you. Smarter than the average Asian." Blanca said, as she smirked and eyed me up and down.

"You work for Voz."

"I promised to turn you over to Voz and Voz promised me the crown. See, I can't really sing or twirl a baton, but I can win." Blanca said before her body guards had showed their gun, but I stared at her.

"Oh. Mami, I'm sorry. Believe me, I really liked you. And maybe you and I would have had something, but I just can't help but to ruin a good romance. Make it count." Blanca said before moving behind and to the cars.

Chris had drove the taco truck in with some men, Machete, Osiris and Tito came out and shot at the remaining men. I met up with Chris and Osiris.

"Where's Tito?" Chris asked Osiris who stood behind the truck. Osiris had motioned his head to Tito on the ground. I shot at some of them covering Chris as she dragged Tito from the ground and behind the truck.

"Go, we got this." I said to Machete, he took the taco truck and chased after Blanca and her guards.

"How many do we got?" I asked Osiris who checked the men from inside the truck and got a new round of bullets. He motioned his fingers saying there for four.

We break into singles as Machete had drive the truck out the area, I shot two of them while Chris and Osiris got the last two.

After our little shootout, we had no idea where Machete was so we had to head back to the base. I would stay with the computers so I could track Machete's last pop ups.

The door slammed open and showed an exhausted and dehydrated Machete. As I saw him about to fall down, I caught him but he was too heavy that he fell on top of me.