𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟕

𝐀𝐪𝐮𝐚

The next day at school, I was with Peter in the mechanic room. I kept a good eye on that purple thing. I couldn't spend time with the others today or so far I knew.

"Hey, thanks for bailing on me. The others were looking for you too but I led them away." Ned said as he walked towards us, I gave him a nod of appreciation before turning my attention back.

"Yeah, well, something came up." Peter said looking dow at the Chitari purple thing.

"What is that?" Ned asked leaning closer to get a good look at it.

"I don't know. Some guy tried to vaporize me with it." Peter said taking off a metal strap over the glowing thing

"Seriously? Awesome. Heh, totally uncool of that guy. So scary." Ned said changing his answer.

"Well, look, I think it's. . a power source." Peter suggested still digging to get it out.

"Yeah, but it's connected to all these microprocessors. That's an inductive charging plate. That's what I use to to charge my toothbrush." Ned said pointing at the silver plate at the bottom.

"Okay, so them whoever's making these weapons is combining alien tech with ours." I said examining the core and taking a hammer.

"That is literally the coolest sentence anyone has ever said. I just want to thank you for letting me be part of your journey. . . Into this-"

I cut him off when I swung at the core making everything shake

I cut him off when I swung at the core making everything shake. I froze as each of us turned to Mr. Hapgood who was still in his chair.

"Keep your fingers clear of the blades." Mr. Hapgood said not looking from his book but flipped a page, I looked back at the purple core.

"I gotta figure out what this is and who makes it." Peter said as we look down at the purple core.

"We'll go to the lab after class and run tests. Let's do it." Ned said as the two had done their hand shake while I had stared at it very confused.