𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟐

𝐀𝐪𝐮𝐚

It was then lunch time and I could tell that Peter was still staring at me. Kara and I had to wait and meet up with the others in the cafeteria.

"You do know that Parker is still staring at you." Kara had whispered in my ear. I had kept playing with my food.

"You do know that Leeds has been staring at you." I said playing with her, I knew that Ned didn't like Kara, I knew he was staring at me.

"What? No! Ned Leeds and I know that we have nothing in common. Besides, I'd be too much for him to handle." Kara said making me burst out laughing as did Kara.

"Hey, what are we laughing bout?" Celeste had asked behind us. All of us turned and hugged each other. We were the type of people like how people act in relationships but total friendship goals.

𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫

I had watched Aqua and Kara from afar in the cafeteria but I knew she could feel my eyes on her. As she laughed at something that Kara had whispered to her, my heart had gleamed seeing her smile.

I believe that there was only one person who could make me feel that way.

"Did Aqua get a new top?" I asked Ned as my head was Aqua had stood up and hugged her friends.

"No. We've seen that before, but never with those shorts." Ned said examining her, he was right. I didn't feel a pit in my stomach when I saw that she let her friends kiss her cheek or temple.

That should be me if I wasn't so nervous around her all the time.

"Liz! That looks great!" Aqua said as Liz had set up the Homecoming banner over the clock. I talked with Liz before, she was cool.

"We should probably stop staring before it gets creepy though." I said but my eyes didn't move from her.

"Too late

"Too late. I'll be telling blue you guys are losers." A girl said, just afar from the table we sat at. I believe her name was Michelle.

"Well, then why not you sit with them?" Ned asked as I looked at her confused.

"Because besides me sitting with them, I have no other friends." Michelle said before going back to reading. When I looked back at Aqua to find that she and her friends were gone. The bell rung.

𝐀𝐪𝐮𝐚

When my friends and I escaped the cafeteria, we sneaked our way up to the stairs and up to the top where we opened the door to the roof. Or in our case, Celeste had picked the lock.