𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟒

𝐉𝐚𝐞

It was night time the second I opened the door and entered the house and closed it sending Evan upstairs.

I placed his PJ's on and put him to bed. I kissed him rapidly on his face before I told him goodnight and left downstairs.

I walked down to the kitchen to get a drink before I realized I didn't finish the dishes. I finished the last bit before I made a small mess of water.

I took photo frames and wiped them down. When I slowed my actions and found that I was holding the photo taken by my best friends as I took Peter to Coachella for the first time.

I was smiling brightly and Peter who sent a kiss frozen on my cheek. When I looked back to place the photo back, I found Aqua Lee with her group eating ice cream. I sighed and looked away before heading to the living room.

When I had just past the stairs, I froze and felt someone sitting on the stairs. I was right when I found it was Gloria.

"Hey, you. What are you doing up?" I asked as I walked down to the stairs and kneeled down to her height.

"I had a nightmare. Journey told me about your friend Chrissy?" I froze when Gloria told my best friend name. She was one of the departed.

"Yeah. She was my best friend. She got me hooked into this thing called racing. As did your Uncle CJ. And she became my best friend ever since." I said to her and gave her a soft smile.

"I wish I had someone like her." Gloria said sadly, I tapped her nose making her giggle and look at me.

"Hey, you'll find someone like that. I promise you." I said before I held my pinky out for her to knot hers with.

A promise was big in our family.

"Now, I think I have just the thing to help you with your nightmare. You thinking Juice Pops?" I asked her and she nodded instantly.

We head back to the kitchen and get us some pops.

"You done?" I asked as I took the last bit of her pop and smiled at her.

"Here, wipe your face." I said as I wiped her lips from the slight juice on her lips and wiped back her slightly braided hair.

"Okay

"Okay. This head goes here." I said as I playfully pushed her hair into her pillow.

"Mama, can you sing us a song?" Laurel asked as she, Leland and Alec turned over. The four of them were still away.