𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟒

𝐉𝐚𝐞

I had kept my promise to T'Challa when it was sunset and I was staying with Shuri. I had just left Irandi's place feeling like an educated student. Honestly, I don't know how I find friends like her.

T'Challa had just arrived to see Shuri while I waited down near all the gear. Shuri was to show T'Challa the things she had created.

"Who are you taking with you to Korea?" Shuri asked as I overheard them coming down the twisting stairs.

"Okoye, and Jae as well." T'Challa said, I could feel the smirk on his lips. I was going to Korea? If it's Busan, I hope to bump into Jimin. Ha! I'm funny.

"You sure it's okay to take Soulmate on a mission?" Shuri asked her brother.

"Yes, she'll be fine. Besides, you'll be on call should we need back up." T'Challa said just before I dropped something off a counter from my hands.

"Jae! What are you doing over there?" Shuri asked as I snapped up and covered the small mess I made.

"Nothing." I said with a nervous smile on my face. Shuri examined everything until she moved from her spot going to show T'Challa something. I cleaned up and sped over to him.

"Your sisters scary." I whispered to T'Challa.

"I heard that!" Shuri said from the new suit manikins. T'Challa chuckled at our interaction.

"If you're going to take on Klaue, you'll need the best the design group has to offer. Exhibit A." Shuri said motioning her hand to T'Challa's original suit.

"My design-"

"Old tech. Functional but old. 'Hey, people are shooting at me. Wait, let me put on my helmet'." Shuri teased making both her and I chuckle before we turned to the two new ones.

"Do you like that one?" I asked when I saw T'Challa's eyes move to the gold and tiger tooth necklace.

"Tempting. But the idea is to not be noticed. This one." T'Challa said pointing at the smaller and silver tooth necklace.

Shuri placed her kimoyo bead near the back of his ear until it turned on. My mouth opened a bit taking in every detail and improvement.

"Ooh! The entire suit fits within the teeth of the necklace. Strike it." Shuri said while T'Challa smirked liking the design.

"Anywhere?" T'Challa asked, Shuri hummed in agreement until T'Challa gave the manikin a side kick flying it across the room.

"Not that hard genius!" Shuri shouted at her brother while I snapped over.

"You told me to strike it. You didn't say how hard." T'Challa said while I went to get it and chuckled under my breath but didn't bother to hide my smile.

"I invite you to my lab, and you just kick things around? Eh?" Shuri asked when I faced the manikin in front of T'Challa.

"Well, maybe you should make it a bit stronger- ay, wait a minute." T'Challa cut himself off when he noticed the purple colour glowing from under the suit.