𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

𝐉𝐚𝐞

The jet was airborne and we started to fly up and away from the battlefield. I had watched as we left and saw everyone we were leaving behind. Even from Tony's side.

Rhodey was on our way as well as Tony, I didn't know if there was any back up until I saw Rhodey fall down like a dead body.

I watched until I focused on my magic and placed a force field on the area he would have crash landed on. I saw from my vision closing in on Rhodey and saw he landed softly on the ground.

I did all I could do from where I was. Now I had to stop the Doctor from getting to the Elite Death Squad and awaking them.

It was a while till we got to Siberia. I had sat comfortably on the metal stuff chairs and played with my fingers. A bit of blood smudged on and around my hands.

"What's gonna happen to your friends?" Bucky asked on my left and behind Steve. My eyes moved over to Steve. He couldn't answer it straight away.

"Whatever is it, I'll deal with it." Steve said taking a moment to find the right answer. Bucky shook his head.

"I don't know if I'm worth all this, guys." Bucky said to the both of us. He knew that everything that happened today was before of him.

"What you did all those years, it's wasn't you. You didn't have a choice." I said shaking my head and clearing my throat.

"I know. But I did it." I gulp down my dry throat and become silent again.

We made it to Siberia, Bucky took a fully loaded machine gun until Steve opened the back doors.

"You remember that time we had to ride back from Rockaway Beach in the back of that freezer truck?" Steve asked remembering a memory back in the day.

"Was that the time we used our train money to to buy hot dogs?"

"You blew three hunks trying to win that stuffed bear for that redhead." Steve said making Bucky smile.

"What was her name again?" Bucky asked

"Dolores. You called her Dot."

"She's gotta be a hundred years old by now." Bucky said just as I packed up two daggers for backup if I have to hand to hand.