PART 11

Part 11:
Let Me Know

Park Ji Min

"Mina, you have to focus or else you won't win the modern contemporary competition in your school in that case. I thought that you really wanted that scholarship." I said as I watched her dance without her focus on.

She stopped dancing and sit down on the floor with her head hung down. "Tell me Jimin, how could I when my brother is still missing?" she sobbed hard as I went to her side to comfort her.

"I already contacted every hospital around Seoul so if he will be rushed in one they will inform me. The police are doing their best to find him. Now practice with your focus on as you have a competition ahead.
.
.
Remember that this will bring you to Paris and make your dreams come true just like your dream to be a ballerina." I said to ease her worried feelings. I know how exactly she feels as I am worried about Hoseok too.

"But Hoseok promised me that he will be my partner and now he is no where to be found. I need a partner to qualify for it. It won't be that good dancing if I'm alone... I needed my brother to support me all through out.
.
.
I only have less than a week to practice for it. In exactly three days from now the competition will be held, what should I do? I am running out of time... Plus my brother is still nowhere to be found." she said worriedly.

"I will be your partner. Let me know the steps, teach me the dance choreography that you will present. While I am looking for Hoseok I will help you practice. You can't just give up on your dreams easily." I said as I tried to cheer her up.

"Hoseok, I know where ever he is... He is safe. He probably pass out again after taking those antidepressants again while I was away in the our house. I should have not left him alone or none of this should have happened.
.
.
Let's just hope that a good samaritan took him in this time and take care of him. I had found no trace of him in any hospital and police station around the area yet." I said as I caressed her back while she silently sob.

"I missed my brother so much..." she said as I hug her because I think it will help her. "I miss him too Mina... Heseok is my best friend, I can't stay put knowing that he hasn't go home yet." I said as she held her head up.

"I need to win that competition so that when my brother gets back he will be proud of me. I would not let my brother down." she said with full of determination while wiping the tear drops in her eyes.

"That's the spirit! Now show me the choreography so that I could help you..." I said as I stand up and I assisted her to stand up afterwards. "You know how to dance Jimin?" she asked curiosly as I nodded my head.

"I will not be Hoseok's best friend if I don't know how to dance but not that much. But we have a very different genre, although we compliment each others genre in dancing. I am on modern contemporary, while he is in pop.
.
.
We are partners when it comes to dance covers that we upload in YouTube. We usually have millions of viewers when we cover a song. It started as a hobby, then we ended up recording our dance." I said as she still can't believe what I said.

I sighed as I opened up my phone and connect to our YouTube account. I showed her one of our cover recently. "No way! You both were the you tubers that my classmates were talking about all this time..." she said as she examined our videos.

"Now do you trust me?" I asked her as I placed my phone back to my pocket before she nodded her head as she motioned me to play the music on her phone which was connected to the speakers inside the studio.

She started showing me the steps as I mentally take note of every detail of the dance. After showing me the whole choreography with the music she started showing me the counting of the whole dance.

"Can you keep up?" she asked as soon as she showed me the whole dance in counting. "I think I can. I have a few ideas to add too so that the dance will highlight your ability in modern contemporary and ballet." I said as I went to her side.

"Check if I am doing the right thing okay? I might messed up some parts." I asked her as I moved a bit distance from her for space when I started dancing. I miss the flow of rhythm and the beat of music.

Before starting I counted one two three like any professional dancer before they start dancing. But I did not do that to guide me instead to distract me from her stares because I feel like her eyes are staring at my soul.

I started doing the routines that she showed me earlier but in the different projection. In the projection of a male partner for the pair dance. Since the dance needs a pair in performing. We can't be doing the same projections the entire dance.

It's actually quite hard since I can't clearly remember the transitions since it is the first time that I watched the dance but I did try my very best. I just take note of how she did it earlier.

"How did you memorize a whole dance that I just showed you two times? You are a monster!" she commented after I finished dancing. "Are you a ballet dancer too aside from modern contemporary?" she asked again without letting me answer her first question.

"I just merely take note of the moves Mina, I can't even remember clearly the transitions. I learned modern contemporary dance when I was in high school. But I do not really go deep into ballet that much.
.
.
I don't need your praises really, your much better than me. Come here I will show you the parts which needs a bit modification. You need to improvise to win." I said as I motioned her to get closer to me.

This will be the early death of me, but I wanted her to reach her dreams rather than held her back with my unknown feelings. My heart was beating rapidly when she moved closer.

"When in this part, we should do something like this." I said as I showed her the part plus the modification. She immediately copied my movements and we tried it in the perspective of being partners.

I continued adding some ideas of mine plus other ideas of hers to create the modifications and enhance the dance. We also added some skin ships which was a bit awkward in the beginning but I tried hard so that she wouldn't notice that I was very nervous.

After a few hours of practicing, we had decided to continue tomorrow. "I'm so tired..." she said as she stretched her body by doing a split while I on the other hand was just doing an Indian sit in the floor.

"Thank you very much Jimin for helping me out. You are really like an older brother to me just like Hoseok. You two are angels sent from the above." she suddenly said that made me look at her direction.

I wanted to say that I don't want just to be treated like a brother and I want more than that but I remember my promise to my best friend. It keep me back in line to reality.Reality check, I can't date my best friend's sister.

"You are like a little sister to me Mina, even more than a little sister actually that I should never get to have." I just responded but I made sure that the last phrase will be a whisper so that she won't heard what I said.

"Jimin... Thank you very much for all your help. Hoseok made the right decision to be your best friend." she said seriously as I just hung my head low because of guilt. Maybe Hoseok made the right decision to be my best friend but I am not worthy of it.

I can't even keep a single promise that I made. I keep falling in love again and again with his sister that I shouldn't have. I can't tell him whenever I just went missing that I am forced to be inside a hospital when I am completely fine.

I wanted to help her win that competition because if ever she will be going to Paris, I might be able to get over with my feelings for her. In that case I won't be able to break my promise to Hoseok.

And if that time happens, when she leaves for Paris, I will be willing to be admitted to the hospital my whole life. I am willing to be called crazy and ridiculed by my family after seeing her reach her dreams.