PART 43

Part 43:
Propose

Kim Seok Jin

I'm back at my previous dilemma in what to choose for what I am going to wear today in meeting Nayeon at the cherry blossom forest where we first met. I finally have permission from her brother, mother, and her father to court her.

Tonight, I will be proposing to her and ask her if I could court her. I am excited and nervous at the same time while still choosing the right clothes to wear.

I put on another set of clothes and noticed that it was very casual. "Nope, definitely not this one," I said as I took it off and placed it in the side.

I was about to pick up another set when the flower vase containing the tulips that I brought fall off. I was able to catch it before it fell to the floor which was a good thing because the vase was adorned by the petals from the flowers that I gave to Nayeon. It is very sentimental for me.

I saw the coat that I have worn when we first officially meet as I smiled then I reached for the suit next to it. "This is perfect..." I said to myself as I placed the clothing in front of me as I check myself in the mirror.

After ironing the clothes that I will wear, I prepared myself. I shouldn't be late since I should be the one to wait for her and not the other way around. I wonder where the others are as they didn't contact me since yesterday. Probably a little bit busy with their personal lives.

This reminds me that I don't have all their phone numbers yet. I think I should just ask them when we meet again if we are free. I quickly changed into the clothes that I have prepared as the night approaches.

I don't have to worry about work since I work in the university already from ten in the morning to three in the afternoon teaching Nayeon and their whole class about film and arts of acting.

I was happily humming some sounds while fixing my hair in front of the mirror to look at myself. When I was done I went out of my apartment and went to the florist that I had asked to prepare for me a bouquet. After making sure that everything in my unit is locked of course.

"Finally asked the lucky girl out?" the florist asked the same florist that was in the flower shop when I ordered a bouquet when I and Nayeon first met. I shyly responded with a smile and before nodding my head.

"Good for you, here I made this with what you had requested... Congratulations..." she said as she handed me the bouquet that I had asked for this time. "Thank you very much, please charge the bill here..." I said as I handed my atm card to her.

"I will give you a discount, take it as a gift..." she said as she punched my atm before handing it back to me. I thanked her once again before excusing myself that I am already running late.

I went back to my car and drove off to the cherry blossom forest. The sky was already dark while I stay alert on the road. I can hear honking from the cars and then suddenly I feel like the world was spinning so I stopped by at the side.

I looked at the picture of the seven at us that was hanging on my rearview center mirror. I don't know what that is supposed to mean but I am not comfortable about it. I tried to calm myself down and thought of happy things as I started driving again.

In no time I reached the cherry blossom forest earlier than expected and I checked the area if the team that I hired to decorate the area did well.

And I was not disappointed, there were lightings around plus the romantic dinner for two and mellow music. Everything was just perfect, I called Nayeon to ask if where she is already.

"Hi are you already at the meeting place? I'm sorry if I am a bit running late, don't worry I will be there in a jiffy." she said as she answered the call after three rings.

"Just take your time, I will patiently wait for you even if you are running late," I responded while smelling the scent of the flowers in my hand as I heard her chuckled at the other line.

"Silly, look behind you..." she responded as I smiled when I saw her waving her hand at me. I smiled back at her as I put down the phone in my pocket and waited for her to cross the street. She happily held into her sling bag as she placed down her phone before running in my direction.

But everything happened in a blur, all I could remember is me hearing screeching noises and honking of a car then a loud sound like something big was hit.

When I get back to my senses, I saw blood scattered on the road and a fast-running car which was on its way to running away from the scene.

I went pale as I dropped the flowers when I saw Nayeon covered with blood as I immediately run in her direction and embraced her in my arms.

"Hang on, I am going to bring you to the hospital... Please, just stay with me..." I said as I was trembling while trying to call. I don't know what to do first, all my rationality left me.

I don't know if what I had said over the phone was still comprehensible but its a good thing they understood me when I said a hit and run incident at the address of this cherry blossom forest.

She smiled at me even if she was having a difficult time doing it while her trembling hands held my face. "I think I fell in love with you more in this situation Jin. Is that even possible?" she asked in a low voice as I held her hand that was caressing my face while tears started flowing in my eyes.

"I don't know but I am certain that I am falling in love with you too. Shh... Conserve your strength, the rescue team will be here in a minute." I said as I held her tightly in my chest.

I can feel the blood from her head was already running to my shirt but I didn't mind it at all. She smiled at me one more time that made my heart ache a little more.

I can't even do anything to her in those situations, I should have been the one who experienced hit and run if I crossed the street before she could even do it.

If only I was quick enough to react, this may have not happened. "Jin, will you promise to stay by my side? I think I can't keep my consciousness with me and I am afraid..." she whispered as I hug her more, letting her head rest on my chest.

"I will be here don't worry..." I said as I can feel her slowly drifting away from consciousness. A drop of tear fell from my eye when she finally closes her eyes right on time when the rescue team arrived.

They immediately transferred her to the rescue vehicle while I just stayed by her side just like what I promised her. I am deeply praying that she will be alright while we were on the way to the hospital the medics were applying the first aide to her.

Hoping that there would be no serious injury at all. I also called her brother to inform him what happened. As I watched her being rushed to the emergency room.