PART 12

Part 12:
Wake Up

Jung Ho Seok

I can feel the wet towel that was being used to wipe my face that made my eyes flutter. I looked around only to find myself in an unfamiliar place.

The last thing I remembered was when I passed out in the middle of the bridge. I feel so week and so hungry right now and I don't know how many days has it been since I was out.

"You're awake... Thanks God, you have been unconscious for two weeks and three days. Are you sick to sleep that long?" a girl said as she stopped wiping my face with a towel as she placed it on the side.

That is when I noticed that I am wearing a different clothes from what I wore the last time. "Where am I?" I asked as I tried to get up from the bed but she lightly pushed back to it.

"You just wake up and you are going out of bed? That's a no no..." she continued and stop be from getting up but was interrupted when a man get in the room with a tray in his hand.

"Oh you're awake bro, good to hear that. Sorry we couldn't bring you to the hospital we're out of hospital funds this month. Eat this to regain your energy back." he said as he placed the tray in the side table, that us when I noticed that there was a basin with water placed in there.

"Don't mind my brother... Yahhh Kim Haechul don't ever open up your mouth if you can't say something nice." she said shouting at her brother who immediately left the room without a word.

"You look so familiar... I think, I may have seen you somewhere before but I can't remember exactly where..." she added that's when I feel like I have seen her somewhere.

"Oh right! I saw you at the University... Are you a student there?" she asked as I shake my head no. She seems so familiar maybe I saw her once when I went to pay a visit at Mina's school, she had probably saw me that time.

"My name is Momo... That was my brother Haechul. We are really sorry for not bringing you to the hospital because as he had said we run out of funds. Honestly, sorry about that.
.
.
And besides we don't know who to contact because basically you don't have a phone or anything that will point out your identity except for some dollar bills in your pocket. But don't worry it's all intact in there."

She said as she pointed my pants that was hang on the wall and doing a gesture that they haven't bother to touch it at all. As I shake my head no, she shouldn't apologize.

"No, no, I should be the one apologizing... Sorry for bothering the both of you..." I said quite embarrassed and sorry for the inconvenience but I was interrupted when her phone suddenly ring loudly.

I am sure that it is her phone since I left mine in the apartment, now I remember Mina and Jimin must be worried about me. It's been two weeks and three days since I was missing.

She hurriedly fished her phone from her pocket and answered her call. "What? My girl won? I told don't ever estimate her skills! She is the best of course! Yeah, yeah, I will see you both in school after an hour...
.
.
Tell her that I am very happy that she will be going to Paris... Yeah, yeah, I know... Bye, see you later. Tell my girl congratulations." she said as she immediately put down her phone.

"You can stay until you are already feeling okay... I will have to prepare myself since I have to go to school. I have to congratulate my best friend who recently won a competition...
.
.
A modern contemporary dance competition... Are you going to eat this? Can I have it, I am literally hungry." she asked while pointing to the food in the tray as I shake my head no.

I am not that hungry though, or at least I think that I am not. "Sure you can have that..." I responded to her. "Gee, thanks..." Momo said as she immediately grab the tray before going out of the room.

While me in the other hand I immediately grab my clothes that was hang in the wall and hurriedly changed to it. Gladly I was able to find the comfort room inside. It would be awkward to change in the room itself.

I went out of the room as a living room immediately came into my view. Momo's brother Haechul was busy playing in front of his computer. Just like those ordinary guy a gamer.

"You're leaving? You can just wait for my sister, she said she will be back in a giffy. She's often slow but she sticks up to her words." he asked me without taking his eyes from the monitor.

"Ahm, yeah... I am really sorry for troubling the two of you... Ahm just tell Momo, uhm your sister, thank you for taking me in and taking care of me. Here, take this as a sign of my gratitude..." I said as I placed a few dollar bills in the table in my side.

"You shouldn't bother at all... We just help you whole heartedly and we are not asking for any compensation." he responded while still playing in front of his computer.

"Ahm I just feel like I owe the both of you... You must have been bothered a lot by me in those two weeks. Just take it... I will get going... Thank you very much." I said as I started heading out of the house.

I even heard him saying that I should be careful and try not to pass out again on my way home before I could finally get out of their house. I feel so bad about my sister, guilty is the right word.

If not for me being out for two weeks and a few days, she might have been able to win that school competition. She badly wants to become a ballerina in Paris but I feel like it's my fault if she didn't make it to the competition.

As far as I heard in Momo's conversation earlier, her friend must have won that competition. There is a low possibility that Mina is Momo's friend since my sister is not good at socializing. She haven't introduced a single friend to me and even to Jimin.

They must have been worried sick, finding me this past few weeks. I feel so sorry for the both of them because of my carelessness. Good thing I was able to get back to our unit without passing out again.

"Hoseok? Is that you Hoseok?" someone asked me while I was trying to open our unit's door as I stopped and looked at the one who was calling me. It was missis Song with her husband mister Song, our neighbor, they leave in the next door to us.

"Jimin was worried sick about you young man, as well as your sister. They were out for a while to find you better call them that you are already home." mister song said as I nodded my head but I lost my balance when my vision started to get blurry.

I tried to use the knob as support, this is what I hate in taking that antidepressants... It makes me pass out a lot of times especially when I take a lot of it at the same time.

Those antidepressants have the ingredients of sleeping pills that makes me induce sleep during sleepless nights. But the side effects are quite different when a lot is taken.

It makes me pass out longer than the any one could expect. Like a week or two weeks, plus another passing out moments for a few hours after waking up from long sleep.

When Jimin was gone for a week, I had probably taken a hundred of them because I feel so lonely. I hate being alone, it makes me depressed. I don't want to feel alone.

"Hoseok are you okay? What's happening with you young man?" mister Song asked as I shaked my head no before I feel in my knees and everything went blank again.