PART 15

Part 15:
Autumn Outside The Post Office

Kim Seok Jin

After dropping off Namjoon at his apartment, I went back to mine to take a rest. My mother called me while on my way to my apartment nagging me about how could I just leave without even filling my stomach.

She also scolded me for leaving while they were still fast asleep. But I just made up an excuse that I have something important to do early in the morning that's why I didn't bother on waking them up before leaving.

Gladly she understood me and let me off after a few sweet talking and sugar coated words. I immediately rested on my bed while waiting for Namjoon's call if ever he had recommended me to his boss.

It's quite fine for me to work there for a few months since it is not that far from my apartment. And it's only a part time job while waiting for the current semester to end and for the new semester to begin.

I didn't noticed that I feel asleep from idling and when I wake up it was already passed lunch time. I was awaken by a knocking in my door. Even with my sleepy state, I went to the door to open it.

"Oh Minjae it's you..." I said as I opened the door revealing my landlord's son Kim father is very fun to talk with as he thinks we are somehow related to each other.

"Ah hyung, appa noticed that you did not went out for lunch today so he asked me to bring you some..." he said as he handed me a food container as I immediately accepted it.

"Thanks, tell your father about how thankful I am as I am a bit hungry already... I will just drop by the containers later if I could, as you might use them." I said worriedly as he nodded his head.

"Yup i will, don't worry hyung you can drop those any time. So I will go ahead now hyung..." he said as he pointed the hallway before running away from my door as I just shake my head before closing the door.

He is really free spirited, just like Jungkook and Taehyung my youngest friends. I started eating the food that was given to me as I was a little bit hungry that time.

After eating and washing the dishes, I went to look for my phone inside my bedroom. I am a bit wondering if there would be maybe some important messages up for me this time.

I saw it on top of the side table, so I picked it up. I had received three messages while I was asleep. Two of it was from Namjoon telling me that he already talked to his boss in the gasoline station.

And that he agreed for me to work in there for a part time with the same time shift as him, midnight to six in the morning.

Also I could already start tomorrow, which works for me. I could sleep the whole afternoon to evening and wake up before midnight to work. The other message was from the post office telling me that I have a mail to be picked up.

A mail from Australia containing all my papers from there that I needed. I decided to pick it up since I got nothing to do anyway. I would definitely just sleep and roll around all day.

So I grabbed my black cap and went to the kitchen to get the food container and pack them nearly so that I can take them with me and I can drop it to mister Kim's home on the way.

I made sure to close my unit after checking that I have the key and my wallet in my pocket. I saw mister Kim going down the stairs while I was on my way so I called his attention.

"Mister Kim, thank you very much for the food. It was really very delicious, and I was really very full." I said as I handed the food container to him that he accepted.

"No worries Jin, you just got me worried when you didn't get out at lunch. It was good to hear that you enjoyed the food." he responded as we walked together on our way down.

"I overslept this time..." I said that made him chuckle. After arriving downstairs, me and mister Kim parted ways as he was about to go home which is just a few blocks away from the apartment.

While me on the other hand went to the post office in town, located on the four streets away from the apartment. It's not that far so I could get use to some walking from my apartment.

It was not hard to find and there where really no people around this time that is why I picked up the mail in a short while. Probably because mails are rarely used this time.

"Mister Kim Seok Jin? This is your overs mail from Australia." the teller said as she handed me an envelope. "Thanks..." I responded after accepting the envelope and decided to go back to the apartment.

I immediately got out of the post office, but soon as I stepped out of the post office, I saw two girls walking on the path way of trees where the leaves were falling because of the windy weather.

They were happily enjoying each other's company while chatting with each other. I could recognize the other girl which was Nayeon because of her bunny tooth and her smile.

She looks really bright while smiling. "Yah, I am going to miss Jeongyeon next semester as med students starts their training before they take their exams for license for their residency.
.
.
What do you plan to do after college this time? I am planning to have a stable job already. Mina is surely going to Paris as she is currently talking to their representatives at school.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Why didn't you join that competition anyway? You can keep up with Mina in that dancing styles you know? Momo the dancing machine not joining that competition was a big news."

Nayeon said as I pretended to be going at the same direction as theirs which is quite true and followed them with some distance bt still enough for me to overheard their conversations.

"Mina is my best friend, my closest friend before we even get to meet you and Jeongyeon. It's her biggest dream, so I don't want to get in the way with it. Besides, I already secured a job at JH entertainment as a choreographer when I graduate.
.
.
They gave me the best offer among others and they really pay big even if I only do part time as of now. How much more if I become regular? How about you, what's your plan?" the other girl said asking Nayeon.

"Me? I actually got an offer at JH too as an actress... That means we are still going to see each other even after we graduate!" Nayeon excitedly said as the girl beside her seems to be shocked by the news but immediately hug her afterwards.

"Oh gosh this is a big news, can't wait to see you on camera as a lead this time. You only accept minor roles while we are studying. I wonder how would you look when in lead roles...
.
.
Since we will graduate next semester, I am sure that you will already take major roles. Nayeon the amazing actress..." the girl said after breaking the hug while it looks like she is imagining as Nayeon playfully hit her in the shoulder.

"Crazy, but I still have to train under a film and arts professor next semester along with some other acting majored students. You know how strict the Film and Arts subject is.
.
.
And I heard that the professor is from Australia, I think I have to practice my English already." Nayeon said that made me realize that she will be under my class in the next semester when I start teaching.

"I hope your professor will be a young good looking bachelor. You might find your love life in him... By the way have you found your planner already? All your secrets are in there, including your imaginary dates..." the other girl teased.

"Momoring! I guess our professor will be an old strict lady. And no I haven't found my planner yet and I am deeply embarrassed if anyone will be able to read it." Nayeon responded to her friend.

"Oh I'm off here, pick me up on your way to school tomorrow okay? Bye!" Nayeon added as she waved her hand to her friend as she get inside the apartment complex that was two blocks away from my apartment.

While the other girl continued walking to the next village, I guess because she was heading to the exit. Now I know where she lives, the only thing needed is for us to cross paths again. I went back to my apartment with a smile on my face.