PART 49

Part 49:
Adrift

Kim Nam Joon

After finding Taehyung at that dead-end alley, I asked him about what had really happened. Gladly, he told me the whole story and explained to me why he hurt that man.

I was really afraid that he might have killed him but he said that he was just unconscious because he just hit him to sleep not to kill him.

I offered the two of them to stay at my condominium for a while for their safety. They can't just stay om the streets because they might get after them. It is a good thing Taehyung had his car parked in a hidden place near that alley that's why we didn't have a hard time traveling.

"Stay here for a while you two... I had already asked Jin Hyung's father to help you with her case. Those people will be going to jail, thanks to all pieces of evidence acquired from the two of you." I said to Taehyung as we entered the condominium unit that I had.

I had already talked to Jin hyung's father on the way and he said he'll provide us the best lawyer and we'll win the case as long as we had all pieces of evidence. It will be best for them to stay here, it is safe as the security is very high in here unlike my small apartment.

The two asked me for help to put some people in jail with the evidence that they had. I gladly helped them just like how Taehyung helped me with Jimin's case.

In return, I let them stay in my condo for their safety. "Thank you very much hyung... Don't worry we will be flying to Japan tomorrow afternoon. Just inform us of the case, we will be back after when it is already safe for her to go back." Taehyung said while looking at the girl beside her.

"Don't worry, I will be the one to tell Jin hyung and the others about it. Just promise me that you will be going back." I said as he smiled before nodd6his head. "I will hyung... By the way, where will you stay if we are staying here?" he asked me.

"I will be at my apartment, here this one is the spare key... I had the original one, I will let the two of you rest for now. I will send you too to the airport tomorrow, I will get going..." I said as he nodded his head.

I looked at the girl beside Taehyung as she slightly bowed her head to me, I gave her a warm smile before leaving the two of them alone. I know how exhausted they were so I will let them rest.

I went back to my apartment to take a nap, I still have work later. I texted John that I will be late since it is already morning. I immediately plumped myself in the bed and took a slumber...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

But I woke up with a loud noise coming from the doorbell. It's only been two hours since I had slept and I need more but forced myself to get up and to check whether who is in the front door.

I was scratching my eyes while I walk to the door still sleepy. I even yawned while I was opening the door but 'SLAP!' I went back to my senses when I received a hard slap at my face that made my head tilted to the side.

I looked at the person standing right in front of me with tears in her eyes giving me glares that made me think what did I do. She was clutching her hand as I noticed that she was holding the hair tie that I gave her.

She threw it to my face, a good thing I was able to catch it. She looks so upset about something. "Jeongyeon..." I said as I tried to hold her hand but she shoves me away.

"I hate how you played with my feelings Namjoon. I was already there but how dare you lie to me about your true personality? You know how I despise people like you..." she said while slightly punching my chest but I hug her tightly as she cried on my chest.

"I know that you will despise me the moment I tell you the truth about me. Promise Jeongyeon, I didn't intend to lie to you. I was just a coward for not telling you the truth. I'm really sorry Jeongyeon..." I said as she tried to get out of my arms but I tighten my hug to her but just enough not to hurt her.

"Do you know how dumbfounded I was when I found out about that ponytail? My co-interns told me how lucky I was to have that... Of course, at first, I didn't know what they are talking about." she started as I just listened to her. She was still sobbing hard while she was talking.

"Not until when I asked one of my friends about it. She told me that this was from one of the most expensive stores for girls in the mall. I didn't believe her of course how can a gasoline boy buy an expensive hair tie for a simple girl?" she continued as I caressed her back to comfort her even if it is not enough.

"I was curious too, to the point that I asked them what store is it. I went there after my shift then inquired inside. I was lost in words when I heard that the hair tie costs twenty thousand dollars. Is it still possible?" she said as she stopped punching my chest.

"It's not yet all, asked my father if he knew you personally. He told me everything that you told him, your true work, and your true status. I could have accepted it if you told me in the beginning." she told me as I just hugged her.

"So, do you hate me for it? Don't I stand a chance even for a bit?" I asked as she shakes her head immediately. "Silly, of course not. I hate it why you had lied to me since the beginning when I am willing to accept you wholly. Gasoline boy or not, I don't care anyway." she said as she hugged me too this time that made me sigh in relief.

"I thought that you are going to turn your back on me and run away. I don't know what to do if ever you did. I was really a coward and I won't deny that part..." I said that made her laugh.

"Glad that you don't deny that you are a coward." she said while laughing as I broke the hug and let her inside fearing that we might be grabbing the attention of onlookers.

I closed the door behind us as I let her see the unit where I live at the moment. "Sorry, it's not that big but it's comfortable anyway... My friend is temporarily using my condo so I can't bring you there... Stay there I will prepare for snacks." I said as I motioned her to the couch before I went to the kitchen.

Good thing that John stocks some delicacies in here because clearly, I can't cook. I prepared a small snack before going back to the living room where Jihyo was.

"Tell me, why are you used to living a simple life when you are well off?" she asked while looking at my robot collection on the side.

"Trust me, I was not born in a comfortable lifestyle. I worked hard for it legally. Here have some snacks." I said as I placed the tray on the small center table in the living room.

"Thanks... Ahm, I'm sorry for slapping you earlier... I was just really mad at you for lying to me." she said as she returned back to the couch.

"I know, I understand... I was the one at fault, I deserve that slap." I said as she gave me a weak smile, she is guilty of slapping me I know.

But it is fine, I thought that she would run away from me but she didn't. I thought that she would distance herself from me but she stayed and it's already enough assurance for me.