PART 44

Part 44:
You Never Walk Alone

Jeon Jung Kook

"Yoongi hyung? Hey, hyung?" I asked hyung when we are able to get out of his burning house. I didn't know what happened really but when I was about to go home Taetae hyung messaged me about Yoongi hyung.

He didn't change his number at all, but I don't know where he got my number at all. He told me to stop by Yoongi hyung's apartment before going home.

He gave me the address too and saw that it was around the same neighborhood where we live. Only it is a few blocks away from our home. When I passed by his apartment address just like what Taetae hyung had given me, I saw that the inside was burning that's why I hurriedly went inside.

I found him lying on his bed and a backpack was below him containing all his stuff. I tried to extinguish the fire with the extinguisher that I found as I grab his bag before grabbing him out.

His apartment is beyond saving, that's why I just called the firefighters to take care of it. I was worried when hyung didn't answer me so I put him down and checked if he was okay. I think he had just fainted, I said to myself as I carried him all the way home.

I placed him in my bed as soon as we arrived and I rested myself on the floor as I look inside the bag of hyung. Good thing it contains all his personal pieces of stuff and papers that's why I was relieved that it didn't burn with his house.

I was really wondering where Taetae hyung ask for my number but I was glad that he texted me about Yoongi hyung. Or he has probably burned himself down in his house too. I was really worried when I saw the fire spreading inside the house when I get in.

To the point that I run inside immediately without even thinking straight. I was about to go out of my room and sleep in my sister's room when Yoongi hyung fluttered his eyes open.

"Where am I?" he asked as he looked around trying to get up as I pushed him back to the bed. I don't think that he should be getting up yet.

"Don't get up hyung and just take a rest, this is our house so feel comfortable. Your things are on the side table, I will just be in the room next to this. I failed to extinguish the fire in your house.
.
.
But I already called the firefighters for that. Let's talk tomorrow morning hyung..." I said as he just stared at me before I got out of my room to my sister's room.

She had a room in our house but no one occupies it, I had it decorated for her. It's clean so I can sleep in there for a while. Feeling the tiredness in me, I immediately fell asleep as soon as my back touched the soft mattress of the bed.

The next morning, I woke up with the sunlight hitting my face. I lazily got up and went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for me and hyung but I saw him doing the cooking earlier than I expected.

"I'm sorry if I looked around your kitchen but I just want at least to prepare you a breakfast after last night." hyung said as he placed the food in front of me with a glass of banana milk.

"It's fine hyung, why did you decide to burn your own house anyway? Good thing Taetae hyung sent me a text message to check on you with your address attached to it." I said as I started to munch the food that hyung had prepared for me. Hyung is a very good cook just like Jin hyung, they make the best foods I swear.

"Long story, that I know you can't relate to..." he said as he started eating too. "I am always ready to listen..." I said as he just completely ignored me and continued eating. I had no choice but to shrug the topic off as hyung might not yet be ready to talk about it yet.

We just ate there in silence when I was interrupted by an annoying doorbell at the front door. I didn't bother fixing myself and got up, then head to the door to find out who could it be this early morning.

"Nurse Kate..." I said as nurse Kate waved her hand at me, she basically knows where my residence is since I told her when I went back to the hospital for a check-up.

"Hi Kook, a letter or I don't know maybe a gift from Sana came in. Nurse Leila was supposed to be the one handing it out to you but she is busy so I decided to drop it off." she said as she handed me a mid-sized box.

"Thanks for dropping by nurse, come inside and eat..." I invited her but she just shakes her head no. "I can't say yes to your invitation, you know how far is the orthopedics from here. Oh right, before I forgot..." she said as she immediately searched her bag then handed me a small envelope that I immediately accepted.

"Sana sent a letter from her friend, she instructed nurse Leila to find someone at this address. Can you do that for me, I am running late?" she said as I nodded my head before she excused herself and left.

I stare at the back of the envelope to check for whom is it. Does it say from someone named Son Chaeyoung to Min Yoongi? Yoongi hyung? I checked the address and it is the same as hyung's address.

I closed the door and went back to the kitchen. Yoongi hyung was still eating when I got back. "What was it?" he asked as I shrugged my shoulder and responded. "Mail..." I said as he frowned.

"Is that even still existing?" he asked again. "Probably, anyway got something for you too hyung..." I said as I handed him the envelope and went back to eating my breakfast because I will be going to the hospital.

He hurriedly opened the envelope when he saw the name of the sender, probably he is acquainted with Sana's friend. His eyes widen in surprise when he read the content while I on the other hand was just staring at the box she sent me.

"I am going to Japan..." Yoongi hyung suddenly blurted out which made me shock this time. "Are you serious hyung? What will you do in Japan?" I asked him as he pointed the letter like it has something to do with his decision of going to Japan.

"I'm going to follow my fiance, we had some sort of misunderstanding. I thought that she choose someone else ad, not me. I am going to fix our relationship." he said seriously before he quickly finished his food.

"You have a fiance hyung?" I asked in disbelief as he nodded his head. Okay too much revelation, I can't handle it. I opened up the box that she sent me while hyung was staring at the letter he received.

I saw a picture of her in a hospital with a window and a tree in her background. She looks cheerful but pale at the same time.

There were also two cute stuffed toys, one is a rabbit and one is a squirrel. And a letter inside, I hurriedly read the content that made my tears fall from my eyes.

"Hyung, when are you going to Japan? Can I go with you? I will just ask permission from umma and my grandparents..." I said while still looking at the content of the letter she sent me. Less than two months to be with her would be unfair.