PART 16

Part 16:
The Stars

Jeon Jung Kook

"Are you being treated well? Mom sent me a picture message this afternoon. She said that some people were able to spot you at London? Are you going to school in there?" I said as I looked up the stars in the sky.

My mother told me that she was able to track my sister's recent location as some people were able to spot her at a university in London. A place that is quite far from Seoul.

She sent me a picture of a girl while going inside a university. It seems like she was going to school along with fellow students. I hope that she is being treated well, but I guess she is since they let her go to school.

"My chocolate princess, do you miss your brother? Because I missed you very much... It's been nine years since I last saw you personally." I said as I looked at the photo that was sent to me by my mother.

"If someone will hear me in here, they may think that I am crazy talking to myself." I said as I chuckled while thinking about how will others think of me while I am talking to myself.

"Yep, they will probably think that you are crazy and thinking about how they will transfer you to a mental institution." someone said from behind me that made me turn around and see who was it.

I can stand up still and take a few steps with the help of some support but not for long as it hurts my knees and that's why I am still on my wheel chair but my therapy is still on going.

Sana was there in the door standing while holding her IV stand. Good thing that she was wearing a jacket because it is cold up here especially that it is already night time.

"What are you doing up here?" I asked her as she approached my side. "Nurse Kate told me that you went up here since this afternoon and never come back down even to have dinner.
.
.
I was quite worried about the state of your empty stomach so, I came here to check on you..." she said as she sit on the bench next to me. As I tuned back again to see the night sky.

"Did she told you that I wanted to be alone? I had clearly stated it to her earlier that I want some time alone for myself and I don't want to be disturb." I said to her as she just giggled in response.

"Of course she did but knowing my hard headed attitude, I would never follow whatever she had said and you had said." she responded and then silence eventually envelope the both of us.

I just stared at the stars up in the sky while I don't know what she is doing. "I like the wind blowing in my face like this. I feel so free and well, but I like it more when I stare at the stars like this...
.
.
Good thing nurse Leila allowed me to go star gazing tonight." she suddenly said as I looked at her direction as she was looking up to the sky too like I did.

"You know what Guk when I die, I wanted to become a star. I didn't know that I have been fighting all thiese years for a stage for leukemia. I sound and look a brave fighter, but I am scared of dying and leaving my parents alone.
.
.
That's why I always wanted to become a star, so that they can always stare at me at night when I am gone." she said as she closed her eyes like she was feeling the wind.

"Don't say something like that... You will be cured, don't lose hope. As long as we dream, we hope and we believe all things are possible." I said as I saw how a drop of tear escaped from her eyes.

"I don't what to but, I can't... Each time that I stay here longer, the more weak I feel the more I lose hope." she said as she looked up to prevent the tears from escaping her eyes, then she eventually wiped it before it can fall.

"Is that your sister?" she suddenly pointed to the picture in my phone that I forgot that I just let it be open. Revealing the photo of my sister going inside a university.

I was about to hide it or turn off my phone but I realized that it's fine to show her since she had already know some information about me during the days that we spent with each other.

"Ah yeah, this is my sister... She looks pretty right?" I asked as she nodded her head. "She seems to be treated well, it's a nice university in London. Quality education is offered in there...
.
.
I had always wanted to study in there but my condition deprived me to do so. She looks so pretty and her smile is so genuine like yours." she commented that made my worries about my sister eases down.

"I guess she is, my worries had calmed down and I feel that I won't have to worry about her being taken away from us since she us being treated well by Rei and his family."

I said as I stared at the picture in my phone, my sister was smiling widely in there in front of the gates of the university while doing a double V sign with her both hands.

You can clearly see that she was happy in the picture, like she was having the time of her life that I always had wished for her. I can't help but think that maybe her smile would be much brighter if she was with us.

"If ever she wasn't taken away from you, will I ever got a chance to see her smile? I wanted to bring good memories with me while I am still alive and her smile can light up a dark world.
.
.
If ever no one will be kind enough to donate their bone marrow to me, my parents will bring me back to Japan... I will have to go home." she said as she smiled at me.

"Why? Why will they bring you back to Japan?" I asked her curiously because I do think that what's the use of admitting her to the hospital to cure her if they will take her home anyway.

"I'm a hopeless care Jungkook, whether I get a transplant or not I am bound to die anyway. I was really happy when you get admitted here because you were the only person who doesn't feel sorry for me.
.
.
All the elders that were here would say say that they feel sorry for me each time I tell them that I have stage four leukemia." she said as she handed her hand out to me.

"Remember the first time that we meet? I did exactly the same gesture as this." she asked while this time I didn't hesitate to accept her hand like I did the last time.

"Of course I do remember, you stopped me that time... Promise me to fight until we both get out of here healthy." I said that made her smile genuinely like the smile of my sister in her photo.

"I promise..." she responded as she chuckled all of the sudden. "Why are we so serious anyway? It doesn't sound like my usual self..." she said that made me give a half restrained laugh.

"I don't know, we just got suddenly emotional in here..." I responded before going back to my usual composure. But deep inside me my thoughts had lifted somehow.

"That's the second time that you have suppressed a laugh today. You are improving mister blank face..." she said but was cut off when her stomach suddenly growled as she must not have eaten yet.

Though there is the IV to supply her with needed nutrients she still needs to eat and it is already passed dinner. "We should head back down, we both need to eat..." I said as I motioned her to follow me while I pushed the wheels of my wheel chair.

When we got out of the elevator, nurse Kate and nurse Leila were already waiting for the both of us. They even dissed me that I only wanted Sana to get me so that I would eat but I didn't mind them at all. After all what it seems is like they were saying the right thing.