PART 29

Part 29:
Youth

Kim Seok Jin

"Tell me honestly how old are you actually by the way Jin?" Nayeon asked before she took a sip of her shake that I bought her after I asked her out for today.

"Thirty, why?" I asked her as I guided her to the bench and take a rest for a while after going around the mall. I can tell that her legs might feel sore for walking for long.

"Nothing, I am actually three years younger than you..." she said that made me thought of her age as we took a sit on the nearest available bench near to us.

"So you are currently twenty seven years old, if you are three years younger than me... And you are still studying right? May I ask you what happened?" I asked her as she nodded her head.

"Yup, and I am not ashamed of it besides it's already the second course I took. I studied accounting first, actually me, Mina and Momo the one that you saw when we first met are on our second courses now.
.
.
.
While our another friend Jeongyeon, took medicine... We don't want her alone after we graduated from our first courses that's why we took second ones." she explained to me.

"That explains why..." I comment that made her smile. "We're friendship goals you know. The three of us just took a course without any relation to our first course to be with our other friend.
.
.
.
.
.
Me, I took film and arts after I was casted as an actress when I graduated. Momo was a tourism student, then she took performing arts with Mina who was a chef..." she giggled with the thoughts of her friends maybe.

"How about you? What did you finished and what is your current job... You should have at least a stable job by now..." she asked while I took a sip on my drink before answering her.

"I finished education , now I am a teacher... I just actually get back to Korea from teaching overseas. There's no place like home they say." I said as I chuckled at my own joke.

"Yeah, that's why I just stayed here no matter how big offers I got overseas. I won't trade my friends and my home for popularity. I'm okay with what I have..." she responded as she gave me a genuine smile.

"Is this your first time going out with a girl?" she asked that made me scratch the back of my head using my free hand. I'm ashamed that she had found out about it.

"Is it obvious? I mean I got to spend my youth with my friends, taking my masters and teaching. I don't actually know how to deal with girls and stuffs..." I shyly said as she giggled at my response.

"Don't worry your a natural... It's my first time going out with a guy too, my brother is kind of extra over protective. He wanted me to date when I turn twenty seven, that's why he let me off this time." she answered my question that made me smile widely.

"Won't you get issues with this? I mean you going out with me and all without any disguise or something? You know how the media works, they are always a bit nasty.
.
.
.
They can make you popular but they can make you a failure at the same time." I worried about her image since she is an actress, there might be rumors that will arise after this.

"They won't pay attention to it anyway, since I never had major roles even once, I am just always a supporting character. I mean I never accepted one, acting is just a hobby for me. I just do it for fun.
.
.
.
Though I have some fans out there but they doesn't mind my private life. They just let me do whatever what I want to do." she added that made me relieved because of her answer.

"Where do you want to go next after this? Is there a place that you want to go? Any where in particular?" I asked as we throw the empty cups of shake to the nearest trash bin that we saw.

"Arcade? I really want to go to an arcade. I never got the chance to go in there after high school. I really wanted to give it a try this time." she answered as I nodded my head.

"Well let's go to the arcade then and enjoy like we are still in our youths." I said as she laughed at me. "Sure, let's do that!" she responded as we both went to the arcade inside the mall like a high school student that is excited to play.

We tried different games like dance revolution, basket ball and even the karaoke. Honestly I didn't know that she had such a wonderful voice not until I heard her sing to a Korean girl group song while matching with the dance steps that made her absolutely cute.

"That was fun..." she said as she approached me after having her little sing along performance. "How did you learn how to dance like that?" I asked her that made her chuckle because as my curiosity and lightly hit me in the shoulder.

Okay the past few hours, I had a feeling that her mannerism when she is happy is hit the person next to her. Though I really find het mannerism which I find to be amusing.

I've been hit about five times already today, but it's fine since it doesn't really hurt that much. But I guess that would really hurt if she hit a girl next to her when her mannerism strikes.

"I've been surrounded by dancers, I had no choice but to learn to dance. My friends are great dancers in their fields so I don't have any choice." she said happily as she dragged me this time to the claw machine.

"I always want to try this one out but I don't know how it works, so I think it's kind of hard for me to do this thing myself. Can please you try taking that bear out for me?"

She asked as I went to the machine and try to examine how it works. Afterwards I finally got the simple instructions so I inserted the token to have it a try for the first time.

"Ahh almost..." she complained when the bear fall of the claw mid way on my first try. So I tried again for the second time. The bear didn't fall off this time and made it to the prize out directory. I immediately fished it out and handed it to her.

"Ah, this is so cute... Thank you so much Jin..." she sincerely said as she hugs the small bear. "No worries, as long as it's for you. I had fun too anyway." I responded as I looked at my wrist watch only to find out that in less than an hour and a half of our day will be finally over.

I had only asked her from two in the afternoon to six in the evening. "We should take the dinner now. I don't want your brother limping me when I return you to your home past six." I said in a joking manner that made her laugh.

"Yeah, I could still remember exactly every word he said and how he would beat you up if you bring me home even a minute late after six." she responded as we both headed to the nearest restaurant to eat for dinner.

We enjoyed talking about senseless things while devouring our delicious dinner. Then after the dinner, I drove her to her home which is just a few blocks away from my apartment actually.

"So we made it five minutes before six... Does this means that I am safe from your brother's beating this time?" I joked as I accompanied her towards their house's gates.

"I guess so, thanks really Jin... I had a very enjoyable day with you. I wish I could see you again sooner or later." she said as she smiled sweetly before getting in to the gate after opening a small way of opening in the gates's door.

"Well you man is lucky to bring my sister back before six. I am glad that you came back a few minutes before my deadline because I was already prepared to beat you up." her brother said as he appeared behind Nayeon.

He's name is Jaebum according to Nayeon but he prefers to be called JB for a reason that I don't know. "Yup, as promised no scratches, she didn't cry at all and I didn't made her hungry." I said as he lightly pushed Nayeon to move inside the gate.

"Good, you may now leave... Courting hours are already done..." he said that made me chuckle. "So see you again Nayeon..." I waved goodbye at her before heading back to where I parked my car earlier.

I was smiling widely on my way to my apartment. Honestly I had a lot of fun with Nayeon despite her mannerism of hitting people when she is happy. I find that side of her very amusing though.