PART 14

Part 14:
Trouble

Kim Nam Joon

"John I told you that I will be back whenever I wanted, I hired the most capable person for every position why can't you handle such small issue..." I said as I placed the papers in my table while I was massaging my temples.

I just got back to my small apartment with Jin hyung after I accidentally meet him in the gasoline station this morning. And now I am forced to rush at JN Electronics because of a small issue.

I was having a good moment to be able to see a friend of mine after a long time and having my daily dose of Jeongyeon then the next thing I learned is my mood being ruined early in the morning.

"Sir mister Song is asking for compensation for suddenly breaking his contract for an unknown reason. And the board are asking why did you fire a good employee." my secretary asked as I just sighed deeply.

"He doesn't stand a chance in here, he doesn't have any attitude. I can tolerate it outside the company but not inside. And how could this escape from your hands?" I said as I showed him papers of evidences.

"That bastard was using the company's money for his own benefits. Some clients were throwing complaints at him and none even went to me?" I asked as I slammed the papers in the table that makes me really frustrated.

"Sir I didn't know that I promise. Maybe some from the board are the one's holding those information back because they might benefit from mister Song too." my secretary told me while fear was still evident in his face for my sudden outburst.

"I should not have trusted any of those old men. All they do is to make things hard for me and for you so I would show up." I said as I sit back on my swivel chair.

"Sir, I need you to come back to the company as soon as possible. Everyone is asking me for your where about. It's time that you sit in your throne as the CEO..." he said that added to my frustrations as of the moment.

"John just give me a less than two months to do that. I still have some unfinished business out there..." I said as he was about to contradict my decision as I showed him my upset face that made him stop.

"But sir... Fine less than two months you say then no more extensions. Here, I have some thing here to calm you down..." he said as he handed me something in an envelope and a lunch box with a cup of coffee.

"What's this?" I asked him but accepted those anyway. He has been my secretary since then when JN Electronics was just starting so he already knows what my preference are.

"The coffee is from your favorite cafe, the lunch box is from your favorite restaurant cooked by your favorite chef though it was cooked last night I just reheat it and your daily dose of miss Jeongyeon to calm yourself down." he said while pointing each respectively.

"Are you trying to bribe me now John?" I asked him as I picked up the envelope and I found out that it was a photo of Jeongyeon taken while she was at the entrance of the university with her friend, she was smiling brightly as usual.

"No sir, not really but you have a board meeting scheduled in 30 minutes. You need to attend that, plus the CEO can't always be on shadows sir..." he said but I didn't mind him and opened the lunch box and started eating even though it is not yet lunch.

John must have ordered this from Jeongyeon's father restaurant last night and requested for Jeongyeon to cook for it again like always. He do that from time to time when I am around.

"Tell them to wait for me and better give me a good report. Also pay for how much that bastard Song is asking and settle things smoothly without them knowing that I know everything.
.
.
Give me at least almost two months and I will start working here permanently." I said after chewing my food as he looked shock with my decision but immediately nodded his head.

"Yes sir, enjoy your brunch sir. I will just prepare the meeting room..." he said as he exited my office. John has been an efficient secretary for me since he started working here and I trust him a lot. But this board of directors are getting me in trouble lately.

As much as I wanted to spend my time looking out for Jeongyeon, I can't just let my company on those old men's hands. They are very greedy, especially when they don't know that I am the CEO of my company as they only know me as one of them.

I requested to John to pretend that I was a part of the board and let him take a false video every meeting that he is tasked to send to the CEO. But it's not necessary since I am already around.

I did that to fully observe them. No one knows me as the CEO of the company. They only knew me as RM an English member of the board. While outside the company I am known as Namjoon the gasoline boy.

I am asking for a less than two months of extension of me pretending to be an ordinary person before I introduce myself to everyone as the CEO. But that few months is actually to spend my time watching Jeongyeon from afar while I still can.

Jeongyeon will be graduating from her medicine course this year, so she will be starting to train on a hospital after less than months for her residency after her licensure exam.

She will be busy from that time on. So I have to let her grow without watching her every move but it doesn't mean that I will still not look after her. I will be always there on the side lines.

After eating my brunch, I put on my coat which was prepared by John inside my office which has my own room inside. I tucked on the suit that was prepared ahead for me.

I went in here wearing ordinary clothes through my private elevator after he called me. I didn't have time to change at the apartment so I asked him to prepare me a three piece suit before hand.

I looked at my reflection and see a different version of me. I fixed my hair from being messy to one side with the fixing gel that was on top of my table. After that I sprayed the perfume that I usually use when I am here in my office.

Gone is the carefree gasoline boy Namjoon that everyone knows. He is now replaced by the cold, capable and intelligent RM which is one of the parasites of the business world.

They consider me as a big threat because of my ideas and high intelligence. But no one knew my real identity. No one knew the real me except for my secretary.

"Welcome back sir RM..." John said as I noticed him standing at the doorway of private my room inside my office. "Thanks John... Is everything ready?" I asked him as I approached to his side after having a final glance of my reflection.

"Yes sir, they are already waiting at the meeting room..." he said as I started heading to that direction with him following me behind. I immediately entered the meeting room only to notice that the board of directors are already complete.

"Sorry I'm late gentlemen, jammed in the traffic..." I said as I took my seat in the round table. John followed me after a few seconds. "Shall we start the meeting sirs?" John asked as soon as he closed the door of the meeting room.

"Where's the CEO?" mister Kwon, a member of the board asked. "My apologies sirs, for the meantime mister Kim won't be able to attend the meeting... As his secretary, he sent me to record today's discussion and he will review through it." John responded politely while I just keep quiet in there.

"Such a irresponsible CEO, he should be here at times like this... He must be living his life to the fullest while we are working with our backs in here." mister Heo said angrily as I can't contain my quiet state anymore.

"Enough, whether be the CEO is responsible or not for not being here as long as the company is running well, we don't see any problems with that..." I said as everyone looked at my direction.

"What do you know about business anyway mister RM? Is that really your name? It doesn't seem like one..." mister Yoo said while mocking me but I didn't mind him at all.

"Trust me sir, you won't be able to take everything that I know in terms of business. And my name doesn't have anything to do with you, my name is not the topic here.
.
.
Now let's begin with this meeting already, and respect me. Remember I am still the one who owns the biggest share next to the CEO." I said as he immediately went quiet.

"So mister Lim, start with your presentation now..." I said while instructing the one in charge to do the presentation at this moment. This is the real me in terms of work, RM means real me. And the real me means trouble to the business world.

My company started small way back four years ago but it is now very successful because of my hard work. No one knows me as I had always lived in my shadows when my company started to be well known.

But this ruthless businessman that they call is whipped for a beautiful soon to be doctor lady named Jeongyeon. I am totally head over heels for that girl, she is my own kind of heroine.