PART 30

Part 30:
Love Maze

Jeon Jung Kook

"Are your things all here? There's nothing left?" my mother asked as I nodded my head while I put into my shoes that I haven't worn for a long time while she was arranging my stuff.

"Yup, let me just put on this umma." I said as I get my cap from my mother and wear it on my head just after I tie my shoelaces. I tried to look like my usual self from before the accident.

"Don't ever think of going back here because of getting beat up again okay? I had enough of more than a month dealing with your mood swings." nurse Kate said that made me laugh at her comment.

"Don't worry nurse, I won't get back here being admitted again. And I am not planning on getting back here too, but I can visit right?" I answered as she just nodded her head at me.

"Remember to visit every two weeks for another month to check if whether you are doing fine. Be healthy and yes don't get admitted here again." my doctor said as I bowed at him to show my thanks.

"Thank so much doc, yes I will take care of every reminder that you gave me. Umma let's go?" I said as I asked my mother that we both get out of the hospital room after saying goodbye to nurse Kate and my attending doctor.

I really owe them big time during those times when I wasn't able to walk yet. They were very patient in understanding my mood swings from time to time. Plus I was able to walk again because of them.

"Umma, you got the flowers that I asked you for?" I asked my mother asshe nodded her head. "Can I have it now? Please..." I asked her again as she gave me a small paper bag with the flowers inside. I took the flowers and gave back the paper bag to her.

"I was really hesitant to buy that one because you won't bother to tell me why. Whom are you going to give such flowers?" she asked as I shyly scratch the back of my head.

"To a friend, a special friend actually, uhm... Umma can you go ahead to the parking lot? Take the elevator, I will just give this to my friend." I asked permission from her as sh just nodded at me.

"Go ahead, I will meet you in the car in ten minutes. We will go home after dropping off a restaurant, okay?" she said as I nodded my head while leading her to the elevator. After she got inside, I immediately run to the stairs towards to Sana's room.

I was really excited to see her but she was staying inside her room the past few days. I excitedly smelled the flowers in my hand while on the way down the stairs still contemplating what will I tell her and how will I confess to her.

I went to her room immediately but when I get in it was surprisingly quiet. I saw the bed neatly folded like it wasn't occupied from before. Surprisingly the desk beside the table was empty.

I accidentally dropped the flowers that I was holding when I saw that her room was completely empty and even every single trace of her was nowhere to be found in the place.

"Jungkook are you looking for Sana?" a voice said that made me look back and saw nurse Leila, Sana's personal nurse standing in the doorway, then she approached me. I nodded my head to answer her yes.

"Sana left already this morning with her friend that visited her two weeks ago Chaeyoung, you know her right? Sana had introduced you to her at that time right?
.
.
She was taken there by her parents and her best friend. They will be bringing her back to Japan as per her wish." nurse Leila told me as she tapped my shoulder before leaving me alone.

I looked up to prevent my tears from falling and went to the parking lot with a heavy heart. As she didn't even bother to say goodbye to me, that I feel like I was betrayed.

" It's fine nurse Leila, I was just expecting to see Sana before my discharge today. You know she had been a good friend of mine in here. Right, I will now go ahead my mom might be waiting." I just said.

"Quite then, I am happy that you will get discharged already. Don't get back here again huh? I will also be doing my rounds already..." she said as we parted ways, as I went to the parking lot.

"Oh, your back quickly, I didn't expect you to be back so quickly. So how did it go? I mean giving the flowers to your friend." my mother asked as soon as I got inside our car.

"He was asleep, I just asked his personal nurse to give it to him and tell him to get well soon too so he will be discharged too." I said as she nodded her head and started the engine of the car.

"What, happened to your friend anyway? May ask why is he in the hospital, the orthopedics to be exact?" my mother asked while we were on the way as I was just staring outside of the window.

"He meet a motorcycle accident..." I just simply lied as my mom didn't ask more questions anymore and just drive to the restaurant where she told that we will have our lunch.

After an hour's drive, we already arrived at the said restaurant. I got out of the car and so as my mom and we went inside the restaurant with me assisting me as she is afraid that I will trip and fall.

"What do you want for lunch?" she asked me as she flipped over the menu. "Fillet steak, tender... Then a clubhouse sandwich, and orange juice would do umma." I said as she was still looking at the menu.

"That's it? Don't you want something else Guk?" Aren't you hungry? I mean you just got out of the hospital, they said the food in there is terrible..." my mother asked as I just shake my head no.

She immediately called a waiter and told our orders. We were instructed to wait for ten minutes while they served us an appetizer first while waiting for our food. When the food was served I immediately started to eat still being quiet the whole time.

I saw a particular menu on the bar counter that made me want to try it all of the sudden. "Umma, I wanted to try that drink out." I said as I pointed out to the menu on the bar counter.

"Sure go ahead take one in there we'll just tell the waiter to charge it on me when we will be paying for the bill." she responded as I got up on my seat and head to the bar counter.

"Uhm excuse me, can I have one of that watermelon, banana milk fruit mix?" I asked the barista who was busy looking at the wines probably. Basically, his back was facing me.

"Just a minute sir and I will prepare it. Don't worry sir it won't take that long really just sit in there comfortably," he responded as he started moving around still facing back me.

"Just charge it to table number seven please." I said as I took a seat on the high stool waiting for the order that I wanted. "Sure sir..." the bartender said as I just looked at the menu while still waiting.

"Here you go..." the bartender faced me while holding a small tray with a water melon-like glass decorated with a small umbrella-like with a spoon and a straw.

But what even shocked me, is when the bartender faced me as I was able to see his face clearly. "Hoseok hyung?" I said as he looked at me too being shocked at the same time. "Jungkook? Is that you?" he asked as I nodded my head.

"It's been a long time, who are you with today? Do you know that Jin hyung and Namjoon are looking for you? Where have you been? We heard that you were beaten up." he continuously asked me questions.

"Uhm I am with my umma... Jin hyung is back in South Korea? Why would they be looking for me? And I have been admitted in the orthopedics quite far from here after getting beat up more than a month ago." I answered as he placed the tray in front of me.

"Well, Jin hyung wants us to be complete again... Will you give me your contact number so that I could contact you and tell Jin hyung and Namjoon about your recent whereabouts?" he asked as I nodded my head.

"Sure, give me a paper hyung and I will write my number and address." I responded as he handed me a piece of paper and a pen. I wrote my current phone number and address and give it to him after.

We had a small chit-chat before I excused myself from him and went back to our table because my mother might have been worried that I took a long time ordering the drink.

"What took you so long Guk? Did the process of making that drink that you had wanted to take that long enough?" umma asked when I get back to the table.

"Uhm no, it's just that the bartender was a friend of mine. We had chatted a bit, sorry umma. Sorry for leaving you at the table alone..." I said as I get back to eating my food.

"Well finish your food up, I will leave you for a while. Someone gave me a tip of your sister's whereabouts. I will go there personally and check if it is her or not." my mother said that made me shocked.

"Really umma, does that mean that I will finally see my sister personally after nine long years?" I asked as she smiled. "Let's not get our hopes up, but I hope we will." umma responded to my question.

Destiny would really play its part in playing with our fates. I meeting with Hoseok hyung after two years, Sana leaving Korea to go back to her homeland and my mother finally learned about my sister's location.

Then what's next? What is there that lies ahead? Another maze? Another puzzle that is needed to be solved? Another unanswered question that needs to be answered?