PART 5

Part 5:
Mama

Jung Ho Seok

I took my medicine bottle from the cabinet and placed some capsules in my hand before heading to our dance studio. I took it all at once before I started playing a music and started dancing. I need to do something to wash away thoughts.

I live in a small apartment unit with Jimin, he is my best friend. Unfortunately, he was gone for a week now and I don't know why and where he is. He is nowhere to be seen and I am losing sanity already.

I can't contact him and it makes me feel sad that I am alone this past few days. My sister is busy too, I had promised to stop taking the pills but I can't help myself at times like this when I feel sad.

I was on the middle of dancing with elated feelings after taking the pill when I suddenly felt the door opening. Revealing the person whom I have been looking for week.

"Jimin, you here... I don't know what to do when you are not around! Come join me I had a new dance in mind." I said with my usual bright attitude as I am always happy like they say.

I stopped from dancing when I felt his presence entered the dance studio as he approached me. But when he was a step away from me he looked down on something in the floor.

"Don't tell me that you take this again? I told you to stop taking that pills..." he said as he picked up the pill that I must accidentally spill after taking a lot of pills earlier to calm myself.

I feel so guilty because I promised him that I would stop taking antidepressants. But those pills help me to forget the sadness and the emptiness that I feel when I am alone so I had no choice.

"Because you were gone for a week, you know how I hate to be alone... Mina was up for a competition the past few days that's why I was left alone in here. I had no choice but to take those." I said as he tapped me in the shoulder to lift my spirit up.

"Promise me that you would stop taking those now that I am here. Now show me the dance you got so I could film you and learn it.
.
.We could upload it in YouTube so that we will have money for the stocks next week." he said as my mood was lifted from being from down.

"I promise, I will stop taking the pills. Now sit back there and watch me..." I said as I went back to my position and he sit a distance away from me as he took he phone to film me. Jimin is more than just a roommate, he is a best friend to me and a brother too.

I was engrosed in showing my new dance choreography to my best friend that I didn't noticed that someone was knocking outside. "Saengil chukaheayo..." Mina said upon entering the door holding while a whole piece of cake.

That made me stop from dancing, Mina is a sister that I consider. We are not biologically related but we spent years together in the orphanage. That's why I had always treat her as my younger sister and she treats me as her older brother.

"It's not my birthday though..." I said quite confused while taking the cake from Mina's hand because she might feel tired. She's very petite, so her arms might feel tired having the cake in her hand.

"I know that it isn't your birthday today, but today was the day when you came to the orphanage and we became siblings." Mina said with a smile that made me remember the date today.

"Jimin come on..." she added while signaling Jimin to go to our direction as he immediately put his phone down. He wad probably filming me earlier when I was still dancing.

"Close your eyes and make a wish before blowing the candle okay?" Mina reminded me as I nodded my head happily before closing my eyes and making a wish just like a child.

But the moment that I closed my eyes memories came rushing into my head. "Hoseok close your eyes and count up to ten. We will play hide and seek okay? Now count while I hide." my mother said as I happily nodded while we were in the center of a theme park.

I immediately counted to ten excited about playing that certain game and when I opened my eyes I quickly started looking around for her after counting up to ten but I couldn't find my mother.

Hours passed and I cried hard because I don't know where my mother was. That night I was brought orphanage after confirming that my mother did really left me when the police officers found a note in me.

After that memory I immediately opened my eyes to blow the candles of the cake that I was holding like I was excited. But the truth was I was trying to forget about the memories that I just had.

"We should eat this before you leave and before it melts. Thank you very much sis, you had made a lot of efforts." I said as I motioned us to the kitchen. I immediately placed the cake in the table and Jimin got the utensils and pass it to me.

I served us the slice of cake as we sat in our small dining table in the kitchen. "Are you going home after you eat this cake?" Jimin asked Mina as she shake her head no, since me and Jimin are best friends he also treats Mina as his younger sister.

But I did warn him on not to date my sister as possible because me and Mina had been in the worst. I don't want her to feel another heartbreak especially that Jimin is not emotionally stable like me.

"Actually I was planning to stay for the day because I want to practice my dance for the competition at school. Will you be my partner brother? Is it okay Jimin?" Mina asked Hoseok as he nodded his head while smiling brightly.

Mina is as good in dancing as me, it has been our bonding since then. We dance if we are happy and dance if we are hurt, or when are down. Dancing has been a part of the three of us.

"Sure no problem, you are like a sister to me anyway." Jimin said as I saw her mouthed thank you to Jimin. But inside me, I think Jimin suited the dance more than me.

"Well that will work, but let us just keep the music down because I am sure Jimin will take a rest. Just place the plates in the sink Jimin, I will do the dishes later. Come sis let's start getting your dance done." I said as he drag Mina to the studio again.

She taught me dance she needed to practice for a while as I helped her with the choreography. But in the middle of practicing I remember that I have to pick up the groceries or else there will be no food for us.

"Mina, you stay here and practice. I will just pick up the groceries or else there will be no food for us tonight. It slipped my mind few days ago thinking about stuffs." I said as she looked at me with a 'can you do it alone' look as I nodded my head.

"Yup, the grocery store is just a bridge away from here so don't worry about me. I will be back quickly." I said as I left the apartment and started walking to the grocery store.

I just have to cross a short bridge and a street away from that bridge is the grocery store already. The sun was high up that made me look up at it and smiled. I always like when it when the sun shines so bright.

When I was in the middle of the bridge my vision suddenly gets blurry. This is the side effects of my antidepressants, it always leads me to passing out of consciousness.

My body becomes tired, I feel like my body is already falling down and last thing I heard was tye honking of the cars then someone shouting and running to my direction as everything went black.