Chapter 22: Kangmi pt.2

Saturday morning and Kangmi acted like nothing had happened the day before. She had used foundation to minimize the bruise that had formed on her cheek. She was joking around with everyone during breakfast and just being her normal self, but of course, everyone noticed that something was different, she wasn't constantly flirting with Josh. Actually, at the moment she was sitting far away from Josh which was a first for everyone. While Josh was by Johnny on the right end of the table, Kangmi sat next to maknaes on the left side end of the table.

Kangmi calmly drank her coffee thinking about the changes that would occur in the next few months. Not only was she engaged but she was also moving countries, a big step in her life that she never knew she would take. At least not with the person she didn't love. Looking at the table filled with laughter, she smiled to herself and knew that she would miss this more than anything.

The girl was brought out of her thoughts by the ringtone of her phone. She frowned upon seeing the name on the contact and excused herself from the table. This caught one person's attention who was the most worried about her but said nothing. Kangmi went up to her room and locked the door before answering the call.

(Kangmi's phone call)

Kangmi: Hello Dingxiang, is there something you need?

Dingxiang: oh hi Kangmi, hmm...well I'm outside your apartment. I don't know if they told you but we're supposed to meet today.

Kangmi: oh god I did not know, I'm so sorry

Dingxiang: suspected it but it's okay

Kangmi: *laughed lightly* I'm also not around the area and I probably won't be back until tomorrow

Dingxiang: oh, am I disturbing you?

Kangmi: actually..*maybe she could invite him over and get him to meet everyone* Would you like to come to my beach house? I'm currently with my friends.

Dingxiang: I don't want to disturb you all

Kangmi: You won't. Plus, it will also give me the opportunity to tell them about the engagement

Dingxiang: alright then I guess I'll go

Kangmi: I'll send you the address and don't forget to bring extra clothes

The boy hummed in response and she hung up the phone after saying goodbye.

Kangmi sighed and sat on her bed. Is she really doing this? If she's being honest, she didn't like keeping secrets from her loved ones, and telling them would surely make her feel better. However, she knew that she was not going to tell them everything today, only the engagement part. Plus, Dingxiang wasn't that bad and none of this was his fault. He seemed to also be suffering from the arranged marriage but what could they do?

She quickly sent the address to Dingxiang and headed back to the patio, where everyone was currently done eating their breakfast.

"Alright, idiots of my life! it's time we start the games", she said with a teasing evil smile, "oh and the toddlers and puppy will be inside with babysitters as none of these games are meant for them" Kangmi explained with a bright smile that she was having trouble holding up, but nevertheless, she could not ruin the mood.

"Before we start, me and Doyoung have an announcement", Taeil said and everyone looked at the older man. "Doyoung and I are a couple now" Doyoung was surely not expecting that since he choked on his water. On the bright side, there was a round of cheers and congratulations.