Chapter 44: Kangmi

{EDITED & PUBLISHED}

It was a normal day for Kangmi. She woke up, ate breakfast with Dingxiang, and then headed to work. You would think that because her friend died, she would take some time off work. Well, she didn't because she needed to distract her mind and heart from that loss. A week had passed since then and she was holding herself pretty well.

As for work, she had taken her nephews back to their dad, and Daegal back to the dog shelter. Apart from that, she had actually signed her resignation letter and only had a week left to work as the head of NCT, but we'll get to that later.

While Kangmi worked, Zach, Dingxiang, and Yeongdo found themselves in Dingxiang's car wearing all-black. They were parked right outside the Jeon company building. "Are we ready for operation let's get Josh and Kangmi together?" Zach asked.

"Yes, sir" The other two responded.

Now you may be wondering, what's going on? Well, Zach had concluded that Kangmi's dad had to do something with the fact that Josh didn't even try to fight for Kangmi so his best idea was to get into her father's office and try to find something. At first, it was only gonna be him but then joined Dingxiang and then Yeongdo and together they came up with a plan. Oh not to mention that somehow Donghyun, Kangmi's older brother, got involved in this.

"Donghyun just texted me, he said that exactly in a minute all security cameras will be turned off and we will only have 20 minutes to do everything, so get ready to go in" Yeongdo informed them and they all got ready. Exactly after a minute, they walked into the company building, and because Yeongdo and Dingxiang were known they were let in without any problems.

Once reaching the CEO's office aka Mr. Jeon's office, Dingxiang parted from them and entered the office ready to distract the old man. The Chinese took Mr. Jeon out of the office and took him as far as he could from the office, which was pretty easy considering that all the old man ever did was attempt to please him.

As soon as those two were out of view Yeongdo and Zach immediately entered the office and tried to look for any suspicious stuff. Zach searched through the computer and download any suspicious files into a flash drive, while Yeongdo looked through the cabinets and paper files.

"I found something" Yeongdo exclaimed as he grabbed a black folder that had "K/J" written on it. He wasn't the only one that found something, Zach stared at the computer in shock and made sure to save everything in the flash drive.

Yeongdo noticed the way Zach stared at the computer and went to check out what he was looking at. "what the fuck?" Yeongdo murmured as he looked at the screen. It was a series of pictures of Josh and Kangmi from when they were younger, it seemed like his dad had hired someone to follow those two.

Yeongdo then checked the time and noticed that they only had five minutes left. "we have to leave now" He told Zach but the older boy ignored him because he found another interesting file titled "Myung-hee's murder". Yeongdo froze as he realized something, that was his mom's name. He immediately downloaded the file to the flash drive and then looked at the time. Two minutes left.

They grabbed the flash drive and ran out of the office, and out of the building as fast they could. Dingxiang soon met them at the car. "so what did you guys find?"

"drive to Kangmi's office now", Yeongdo said. The seriousness in his face told Dingxiang that he wasn't joking.

Kangmi was peacefully enjoying her time alone in her office when suddenly three people barged in. "You have to see this", Yeongdo said. He handed her the flash drive and the black folder which had "K/J" written on it. Kangmi looked at him confused but still listened and connected the flash drive to her computer. While the flash drive was uploaded to the computer she went over the folder.