Chapter 41: Xiaoyangdery

{EDITED AND REPUBLISHED}

MONDAY

Yangyang couldn't believe he and Hendery almost kissed. And that's not all, they were caught by Xiaoyu who probably told Kangmi who will probably tease them for it. Not the point though, the point was that now he couldn't even look at Hendery in the eyes.

Not to mention that when Hendery tried to talk to him about it, he would panic and run away. Plus it also seems like Xiaojun was catching up to the fact that there was a problem between the two.

However, Xiaojun was having his own internal conflicts about his feeling to even bother figuring out what was actually going on between the two. His best choice was to seek help which he did from Jeno and Minyoung but became even more confused after talking to them.

Hendery, however, didn't know what to do. He went through the brochure Kangmi had given him and came to the conclusion that he liked both of his partners, but what could he do now that one of them was clearly avoiding him.

The twins noticed the tension between the three and were pretty sure their hyungs were all very much troubled. Mingyu shrugged and looked at his twin who seemed to be thinking of something.

"kiss", Minho said. Xiaojun spat out his water. Hendery looked at the twin startled and Yangyang blushed at the thought of a kiss.

"huh?"

Minho looked at them cautiously and finished his sentence. "sleeping beauty was woken up by a kiss"

Right, they had watched sleeping beauty the night before.

"what about it?" Yangyang questioned.

Minho shrugged and continued eating his breakfast. Yangyang, Hendery, and Xiaojun looked at him bewildered. However, before they could question the toddler any further Hendery received a text notification.

Hendery's phone

From Kangmi: You, Yangyang, and Xiaojun must be at SM by 10 am for further instruction about your mission. A small meeting at the usual NCT meeting room and do not bring the children with you.

Xiaojun, Yangyang, and Hendery found themselves in the meeting room awkwardly avoiding each other gazes. Waiting for Kangmi to come, they distracted themselves by talking with the others. They maintained a conversation until Kangmi walked through the door with a coffee in hand and yawning.

"Hello everyone", Kangmi said monotonously. "I have good news, horrible news, and okay news, which ones do you want to hear first?" She asked as she took a sip of her coffee.

"horrible news" Renjun answered for all of them.

Donghyuck furrowed his eyebrows, something was wrong definitely off, and they could all feel it.

"Okay, here we go..." She breathed in and out and they all looked at her expectantly. "yeah I can't tell you guys yet, I'm going to wait to tell the whole NCT"

"then why...?"

"don't question it"

"on the other hand, my brother is coming back this week so I need Beomsoo, Jungha, Mingyu, Minho, and Minjae to be ready Friday morning because I will be picking them up. As for Daegal, she needs to be here at SM by Thursday morning because she had to go back to the dog shelter due to some issues"

"you won't have a mission for the next two weeks, and I will meet with each pair individually throughout the week to discuss some things", she said.

They were certainly not expecting that.

"huh?" Yangyang murmured looking at his partners who were also taken aback. It seems like they all had grown accustomed to having the little children with them.