Winter Is Coming (Jaime POV)

"Why must we travel to Winterfell? Can't the King just send a raven requesting Lord Stark to come here?", I asked stubbornly as I sat with Cercei drinking wine. We had just enjoyed some alone time together as Robert was spending the day with the children, and my little brother was too busy in the library or the brothel. Not sure where he was these days.

"Because Robert wants to see his best friend, and he had always wanted to see the North

"Because Robert wants to see his best friend, and he had always wanted to see the North.", sighed Cercei as she poured herself another goblet of wine and sat down across from me at her small table. 

"It will be terribly boring, I've heard Northmen don't do much for entertainment", I said, sipping my own wine.

"You'll survive", replied Cercei coldly. Recently she had been treating me more like an object rather than a brother and a lover. It was starting to annoy me to no end but I kept my mouth shut. Last time I said something, she did not take it lightly, refused to speak to me for months, constantly tried to make my day worse by have father write about Casterly Rock and his need for me to be his heir. Then she would make me watch and listen to my children's laughter, knowing full well that I wanted to be there, making memories with them, making them laugh. She was a hateful woman, but somehow I always found myself drawn to her. Like a moth to light, a fish to the sea, a wolf to sheep, a lion to it's prey.

We heard a knock on the door and I quickly got dressed and fixed my hair, making sure that I looked presentable.

"Relax, I'm sure it's just a servant", said Cercei walking to the door but she did make sure that she was also dressed. She opened the door just as I clipped my armour on but it was just our little brother.

"Tyrion", I greeted him.

"Jaime", he greeted back and looked up to Cercei. "Beloved sister". Cercei just sighed and closed the door behind him, walking back to her table.

"What is it that you want brother? I have things to do", said Cercei annoyed. I clenched my jaw at her tone. She never treated our brother well, and I despised her attitude but I learned not to say anything unless I wanted a tongue lashing.

"I had just come to say that I will be joining you on your journey to Winterfell", began Tyrion and Cercei scoffed into her goblet but didn't say anything. Me and Tyrion exchanged a look but he continued. "And since we will be leaving tomorrow morning, I was wondering if there was anything that I needed to do before we leave".

Tyrion had always been polite and generous. He had his moments where I wanted to cut him in half but I refrained from doing so. He was my little brother, and I quite enjoyed spending some evenings in his company. He had a lot to say about everything, giving me a whole new point of view at a situation. He had saved me many mistakes and I would forever be thankful to him for that.

"No, now if that's it, please go. You too Jaime", said Cercei impatiently, pouring herself another goblet of wine. I sighed silently, and followed Tyrion outside, closing the door behind me softly.