Planning a War(Jaime POV)

"We can't defend the North from the White Walkers, and the South from the Boltons. If we want to survive, we need Winterfell. And to take Winterfell, we need more men", said Jon, dropping a piece on the map.

I sat next to Audelia as we were discussing our next steps. We had at most half of Ramsay's forces. But if we want to win, we need more than him. He defeated Stannis on the battlefield, an experiences commander that took Dragonstone, and Storm's End back. We need to be smart about this.

Audelia had proposed, me, Bronn and Brienne would go to Riverrun and talk to her Great-Uncle. I highly doubted he would agree. He just got his home back, he barely has any men. And those that he does have, are exhausted. Soon they will be under a siege, and then only time will tell. 

"Aside from the Starks, and the Boltons. The most powerful houses in the North, are the Umbers, the Karstarks, and the Mandalese. The Umbers and the Karstarks have all declared to the Boltons, so not doing so well there", began Ser Davos and I watched him, playing with my fake hand. 

"The Umbers gave Rickon to our enemy, they can hang", replied Sansa and I saw Audelia give Sansa a stern look. 

"But the Karstarks declared for the Boltons before they knew they had another choice", continued Audelia, trying to stay on the subject.

"I beg your pardon, my lady. But they know a Stark beheaded their father, I don't think we can come to them either", replied Ser Davos.

"How well do you know the North, Ser Davos?", asked Sansa and I looked over at Audelia who was already looking at Sansa.

"Sansa not now", she whispered but her sister did not acknowledge.

"Pushes little, my lady", replied Ser Davos, sitting down.

"My father always said that the Northerners are different, more loyal. More suspicious of outsiders", continued Sansa and she gave me a disapproving glance.

"They may well be loyal", replied Ser Davos. "But how many rose up against the Boltons when they betrayed your family?".

"I may not know the North but I know men. They are more or less the same in every corner of the world", he continued, looking at everybody. "And even the bravest of them, don't want to see their wives and children skinned for lost cause".

"We have to convince them that we are not a lost cause", continued Audelia and everybody nodded. 

"There are more than three houses in the North. Glover, Mormont, Kerwin, Mason, Hornwood, and two dozen more", she continued. "Together they equal all the others".

"We can start small and build", added Jon.

"The North Remembers. They remember the Stark name, people will still risk everything for it", continued Audelia.

"I don't doubt it. But Jon doesn't have the Stark name", said Ser Davos.

"No but I do", replied Audelia and I looked at her a little surprised. SHe had just gone through so much, and she was already ready to go through a shit ton more?

"Jon is every bit as much as Ned Stark's son as Ramsay is Roose Bolton's. There are also the Tully's, they are not Northern but they will fight for us without question", she continued, and squeezed my hand under the table comfortingly. She knew I was uncomfortable with this.

She knew I hated this war, that she would be in more danger than she already is now. That the child she is carrying might die, or end up in Ramsay's claws. That SHE might end up in his claws again, and I would be forced to watch as the woman I love was raped and killed.