A New Era(Audelia POV)

After the extensive interrogations about how my aunt passed away, and a lot of lying happening from me, we were finally free to go. No one particularly liked my Aunt, and that's why I think they weren't so harsh.

Petyr wanted us to leave the Vale for a short while. I knew why. Or at least thought I did.

Lord Arryn was coming with us, and so was Sansa. Robin tried to make conversation with my little sister but she was not responding very well, she was still scared from King's Landing and I didn't blame her. She had just arrived and the next day her aunt died, before they could even meet.

I descended down the stairs from the balcony, in my tight, and revealing black dress. I had the symbol of the Vale as the necklace that hung at the same spot my Stark sigil necklace used to. But I put it away for now.

Petyr watched me with hunger in his eyes as I tried to look like I was attracted to him. I needed to do this for Sansa. She deserved a happy life after everything she went through.

"Shall we get going?", I ask in a sweet tone. Sansa looked at me confused. I never talked like that. Baelish nodded, and wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me with him.

We rode for days on end until we finally made a stop and were watching Lord Arryn train with one of Lord Royce's sons. I was trying to look interested but I wasn't. All I could think was what Jaime was doing right now. Has he gotten the letter yet? Was he feeling utterly broken or perhaps alright? Maybe he had moved on from me now.

"Are you alright? We haven't had a chance to talk about... this", whispered Sansa to me. She was wearing a black dress with a black cape. Her hair was in a braid I braided. Sansa had noticed that I have been unhappy and acting not quite myself, but hasn't asked as we were never alone. Petyr was always around me.

I was about to reply when I noticed a servant come and hand Petyr a letter. He didn't say anything, just looked at it and put it away. He stood up, and extended his hand to me, and I took it, standing up with him. Sansa also stood up to follow us.

"Thank you Lord Royce for everything that you have done for us", I said as we were leaving.

"I just did my duty, my lady", he replied. He knew who I was. It was safe to tell him as he was a certain ally. He didn't like or trust Lord Baelish any more than me, and that was certainly something we had in common.

We got inside the carriage and began our journey. I sat next to Lord Baelish while Sansa sat opposite of us. I wasn't sure where we were going. This wasn't the way to the Fingers.

"You told Lord Royce we were going to the Fingers", I began and Petyr looked over at me.

"Yes", he replied.

"But we are heading West", I added. "If he wanted to betray us, he already would have".

"Lord Royce might be as honorable as he thinks he is. But he is not alone in that castle", continued Petyr. "Do you trust all those knights and ladies, stable boys, and serving cars?".

"Do you trust the carriage driver or the knights escorting us?", I ask back with a little bit of attitude. Sansa looked at me with wide eyes and Petyr just slowly turned to me.

"No", replied Baelish with a chuckle. "But I pay them well, and they've seen what happens to men that disappoint me".

"So where are we going?", I ask as I look outside of the window in the carriage and see Greywind jogging next to the cart with his tongue sticking out. "To land where you trust everyone?".

"A land so far from here, that even Cercei Lannister can't get her hands on you", replied Petyr and my head began thinking. Where did he possibly mean? The furthest land from the capital was North.

After a quick stop at the inn, and then a ride through the hills and the fields, we stopped to overlook Moat Cailin. I didn't understand why we were here. Why Petyr dragged me and Sansa all this way.

"Where are we going?", I asked as soon as the castle came into view.

"Home", he replied and it took me a moment to realize what he meant.

"The Boltons have Winterfell", I argued and he looked over at me. "The marriage proposal you received was not for you, was it?".

"No", he replied simply.

"Roose Bolton killed Robb! He betrayed my family! I will not marry him", I argued.

"He did", he agreed.

"He serves the Lannisters!", I argued.

"For now", he agreed.

"I will not marry him", I put my foot down. I looked behind me to see Sansa, and Greywind watching me. "I cannot".

"Winterfell is your home", began Petyr.

"Not anymore", I replied. It's not, without my family, it means almost nothing to me.

"Always. You are a Stark. You are Audelia Stark. Hiding does not change that. Eldest surviving child of Ned and Catelyn Stark", continued Petyr and I fought the tears that were coming to my eyes.

"Your place is in the North", he insisted.

"I can't marry Roose Bolton. I can't", I argued. "He is a traitor, a murderer!".

"You are not marrying Roose Bolton. You will be marrying his son and heir, Ramsay Bolton", revealed Petyr, and I sighed.

"One day he will be Warden of the North, and you will be the Wardness", continued Petyr.

"No, you can't make me. I cannot", I say. 

"If not for me, not for you, not for your sister. Then for your family. Ned, Robb, Rickon, Bran, and Arya did not die for nothing", continued Petyr and I resisted the urge to slap him.

"Do not mention them", I seethed.

"I will not make you do anything but listen to me. You have been a bystander since the day your father was executed. Perhaps now is the time to stop being a bystander", whispered Petyr as he grasped my shoulders. I tried not to cry.

I could not go back there. But I had to. Lord Baelish was right, I could not be a bystander any longer.

"There is no justice in the world. Not unless we make it", said Baelish and then he leaned in, kissing me on the lips. He walked away, getting on his stallion as I watched the horizons.

The time of my father, mother, brothers, and sister was over. Now was my time. My time to risk it all, and either win, or die. I breathed in deeply as I wiped a tear that slipped my eye.

"Take Sansa back to the Eyrie", I order to the guards who looked at Petyr. He was already looking at me, and he nodded after a moment.

"No, hold on, we just reunited", argued Sansa but I hugged her and whispered in her ear.

"Live, for both of us little sister. And if I don't return, tell Jaime that I love him, and that I forgive him.", I whispered to her. "I love you, Sansa. Stay safe".

I pulled away and she was already crying but I just smiled at her sadly. She got on her horse and after a moment rode away. I knew she was confused and not understanding what was happening, but I needed to send her away to safety. Far from here. I kneeled down by Greywind and told him to follow Sansa. He would be happier in the North, yes, but he would be safer with Sansa. Besides, he could protect her, and that made me feel a little better.

It was my time now.