I Swear It(Jaime POV)

The Northmen were loathsome people. And they are getting increasingly worse.

I have been transferred to a cage, and that was how I was transported from place to place, camp to camp. But the chains were never taken away. It was getting quiet boring. Nobody was talking to me, and it's not like I could do anything but think.

But I was quickly running out of things to think about. So I began imagining different scenarios of what was happening in King's Landing at the moment. How was Joffrey acting in his new role? Perhaps he has gotten better with the new responsibility. Perhaps his cruelness was just a phase and he has finally outgrown it. But with the way the Northmen have been winning battles, I highly doubt that that was the case.

How was Tommen, and Myrcella? Hopefully they weren't scared. They were still so young, so little, so.... fragile. 

I heard that Tyrion was appointed as the temporary Hand of the King until father returns from war. I was happy for him. He was always more fit to be Lord, and to give out commands. While I was always more fit to follow them.

I hoped Cercei was alright. Although the more time passed the less I thought about her. Ever since that visit to Winterfell, she stopped being the center of my world. She wasn't as important as she used to be to me. And I was alright with that. It was time for us to move on anyway, our relationship was never meant to happen or to last but it has, for far too long.

Most of my thoughts however surrounded one person. Audelia Stark. The beauty of the North. I hoped nothing bad was happening to her. She was smart, and beautiful and kind, those kind of people don't stay alive too long in King's Landing. And if Cercei in any way caught on to my feelings for her, she would certainly do anything to destroy Audelia. 

I just wish to get back home already. Have everything return to how it used to be before I made the stupid decision of attacking Ned in the streets. I just wish I could turn time back, and undo my mistake, perhaps me and Audelia would stand a chance. Perhaps I could finally be happy. But I doubt she even remembers me at this point. Chances are she was married or at least betrothed.

I heard footsteps approach me and I looked up through my dirt, knotty hair. 

"King in the North", I say sarcastically as Robb Stark enters my cage. "I keep expecting you to leave me in one of the castles for safekeeping but you drag me along from camp to camp. Have you grown fond of me, Stark?".

"If I left you with one of my bannermen, your father would know within the fortnight. My bannerman will receive a raven with the letter 'Release my son, and you will be rich beyond your dreams. Refuse and your House will be destroyed, Root and Stem'", replied Robb, looking at me. I snorted and looked up at him.

"You don't trust the loyalty of the men following you into battle?", I ask, I quite enjoyed toying with him.

"Oh I trust them with my life. Just not with yours", replied Robb.

"Smart boy", I compliment him, knowing full well how he hated being called boy. He didn't reply but I could see how his eyes darkened. "What's wrong? Don't like being called 'Boy'?". I made a grumpy face. "Insulted?".

He didn't reply only looked into the darkness behind my cell. That's when I heard the low growl.

First to my right.

Then behind me.

Then to my left.

The damned direwolf was here. I completely forgot about it.

I tried to look behind me but the chains restricted me.

"You insult yourself, Kingslayer", replied Robb finally, watching me with slight amusement.