Maimed Lion (Jaime POV)

I groaned in pain as I opened my eyes. I was in a tent as I saw a few small holes in the ceiling leading outside. Everything was quiet so everyone must have gone to sleep. At first I didn't realize where I was, what time it was. And the more I woke up, the more I began to feel the pain coming from my right hand. I looked around, trying to move my right hand but I felt nothing.

My eyebrows furrowed and I tried to bring my hand to my face but something held it down.

"Stop moving", I heard a familiar voice say. I focused my eyes from the place it was coming from and saw a figure.

"Audelia? What's-", I tried to ask but I felt a sharp pain, and yelped.

"It's going to hurt but I'm going to need you to not move", she whispered to me and I furrowed my eyebrows even more.

"What are you-?", I tried to ask and then the pain came. I yelled and cringed but listened to her and tried not to move as much.

"Alright, this should be better, but we must get you to a maester as soon as possible", she whispered as I felt  her tying something around my wrist.

"Why?", I asked confused. Then the events that happened not long ago came rushing back into my mind. "Tell me my hand is alright? Is it repairable?".

"Jaime-", she whispered but I didn't let her finish and tried to look. She put her hands on my shoulders and pushed me down. "Jaime listen to me".

"Let me look, please", I begged her but she wouldn't let me.

"Jaime, it will be alright", she whispered, her hands not leaving my shoulders.

"It's gone, isn't it?", I asked in a small voice. I dreaded the answer. But at the same time I hoped that she would say that everything was alright and that my hand was just cut.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.", she whispered and I looked away. 

"I was that hand, Audelia", I whispered after a moment. I tried to look again but she wouldn't let me.

"No", she argued but I nodded frantically.

"Yes I was. I am nothing without that hand", I argued but she shook her head.

"You are still Jaime. Still a Lannister", she argued but I looked away, not wanting for her to see my tears.

"No", I reply weakly. I heard her sigh but she wasn't leaving. I still felt her arms, only they had moved to my right arm. She rubbed it in a somewhat comforting way.

"Jaime...", she began and stopped as if searching for the right words. 

"I think you are more than that hand".

I was surprised to hear her words. Usually women were attracted to me because I was the golden knight in shining armour, the best swordsman in the world. And now I lost my sword hand. Why hasn't she left? Or at least looked disgusted? I was a cripple.

"I'm not", I argue weakly.

"You are", she argued back.

"You don't understand. Everything great I ever did was thanks to that hand. I was the best swordsman there was, and now-". My voice broke off, I couldn't bring myself to say it.

I am a cripple.

A bloody cripple.

"Jaime, where there is no struggle, there is no strength. And you are one of the strongest people I know", she tried to comfort me but it wasn't working.

She saw that I was not feeling better, so she stopped talking. Instead she lied down next to me, putting my wounded arm onto my chest, and wrapping her small arms around my right bicep. I was surprised at the action. She never willingly touched me, not after King's Landing.