What Is Dead May Never Die (Audelia POV)

"Her grace, the Queen invites you and Lady Sansa for dinner", informed me my maid, and I turned to look at her.

"The Queen?", I repeat and she nods.

"Why would she invite us?", asked Sansa, concerned.

"It's just dinner with you, Prince Tommen, and Princess Myrcella, my lady", assured the maid.

"Joffrey won't be there?", I ask, confirming this.

"Correct, my lady".

"Well we can't refuse the Queen, can we?", I ask rhetorically.

Sansa and I made our way to the Queen's chambers where the dinner would be held. I was a little agitated but I doubted she would poison our food. She needed us, as much as she tells us she doesn't. Robb would be unstoppable if either one of us died. And with the rate he has been winning battles, she shouldn't give him another reason to fight.

"Your grace", I curtsied as we entered the chambers, Sansa curtsied as well.

"Welcome, please, sit", invited us Cercei and I sat down. Sansa sat down a moment later next to me. "I've invited you two, as you will be family soon."

I cringed on the inside just at the thought of somehow being related to Cercei. To the Lannisters. Before father's death, I would have dreamt of being married to Jaime. But now that I have seen how awful his family is, I'm not so sure I want it anymore.

"Yes, we can't wait, your Grace", I reply politely, taking a small sip of my wine. Cercei smiled at me but I could see that it had some hidden meaning to it.

"Joffrey has made the decision that he will be marrying Lady Sansa", continued Cercei, and my heart dropped. Joffrey would ruin Sansa. I needed to protect her and I was failing. Besides, if Sansa and Joffrey are married, it means that the Starks and the Baratheon-Lannister will be a joined house, that means that Robb won't be able to rebel anymore. Not unless he wants to rebel against his own 'family'.

"And since Lady Audelia has reached the age of marriage, she shall be married off too. Joffrey has decided that Lady Audelia, deserves only the best. Lord Tyrion needed to be married off for a very long time now anyway. You two will make a perfect match". Cercei smiled evilly as she took a sip of her wine. 

She was trying to humiliate me. Marrying me off to a dwarf, a young, beautiful high born lady. But I would never give her the satisfaction of me detesting that idea. It actually worked out for the best. They could have married me off to some Dornish prince, or one of their trained dogs who sit at the Small Council like Lord Baelish. Instead, I could stay close and keep an eye out for Sansa, and they won't be able to kill me or call me a traitor without dragging their own family name through the mud. And we all know how Lord Tywin would react.

"Delightful. Does Lord Tyrion know? I would love to consult him on the wedding planning as soon as possible", I reply, looking at Cercei politely. "I'm sure he has some insightful suggestions".

Cercei looked at me with a fake smile plastered on her face but I could see that she was annoyed.

"Oh Uncle Tyrion will be happy! Could I be your flower girl, my lady?", asked Myrcella and I smiled at her.

"Of course, your Grace. I would be honored", I reply.

"A princess is above being a flower girl, sweet Myrcella. I'm sure Lady Sansa will suffice in that matter", replied Cercei coldly and Myrcella looked down at her plate disappointed.

"When will Joffrey and Sansa get married?", asked Tommen, changing the subject. Sansa looked up from her plate uncomfortably. I knew she did not want this. But we had no other choice.