Honor (Jaime POV)

I watched as the Prince and the Lady of Winterfell rode in front of me, deep in conversation as it seemed.

I was fuming but I knew I had no right to. And I could understand Joffrey's sudden interest in Audelia. She was gorgeous, smart, funny, fierce, strong not just physically but also mentally. She was the definition of a goddess but she was slipping away from me. If I didn't do something, she would become Joffrey's. Carry his children, share his bed, share the crown. And I would be doomed to watch from afar until the end of my days as a King's Guard.

I had to do something. Tell Cercei perhaps? But she wouldn't care, she most likely would even agree. Audelia was a good match for Joffrey, and an even better match for the royal lifestyle. Robert wouldn't listen anyhow, he doesn't care about anything unless it's wine, whores or the Starks. 

But there was one person who would most likely not allow this match.

Ned Stark. The man who hates me the most in the seven Kingdoms.

I would have to send him a raven as soon as we were back in the castle. I had to talk to him, and hopefully he would resolve the issue. Although, if he would ask why I was so worried, I doubt I could lie.

"Ser Jaime", said Audelia as she pulled me out of thoughts. I turned towards her, and she had a slight smile on her face but I could tell it was fake. Whenever she smiled, her eyes lit up, sparkled in the light, but now they were dark.

"Yes, my lady?", I asked, clearing my throat and paying attention.

"Are you alright?", she asked her voice full of concern.

"Of course, why shouldn't I be?", I asked, beginning to sweat a little.

"You have been rather quiet, and your skin is pale", she said, looking at me with worry.

"I'm fine, my lady.", I assured her and looked over at Joffrey who didn't seem to be quiet happy by Audelia's interaction with me. "Although, my lady. I had just remembered that your father wanted to meet with you this afternoon", I said, coming up with a lie. She caught on immediately.

"Oh of course. How could I have forgotten. Your grace, I'm so sorry, we could continue this another time", she said turning to Joffrey who smirked but I could see he was unhappy.

"Of course my lady. I hope to see you soon", he replied, taking her hand and kissing her knuckles. I clenched my jaw but remained with my face stone-cold, no emotion. 

"And I you", replied Audelia, smiling politely and riding off towards the castle. I wanted to follow her but I remembered my duties as a King's Guard.

I looked at Joffrey, feeling my stomach churn a little. I hated what he was becoming, but I couldn't stop it. Cercei was encouraging it, Robert would most likely not care, and anybody else wouldn't dare anger the Prince, knowing his fury.

 When I finally did get back to the castle, it was late. All I wanted to do was eat something and sleep. But I had more important matters.

Climbing up the stairs in my heavy armour to the top of the tower was torture but I managed. I slowly knocked on the door, straightening my body to appear more confident than I actually was.

"Come in", replied Eddard from inside. I walked in without hesitation and he looks up from whatever he was doing. "Lannister", he greets not so warmly.

"Stark", I greet him back with the same tone. "The job treating you well?".

"Why are you here?", he asked impatiently, looking back down at his papers.

"I'm here to talk about your daughter", I reply.

"Arya? What did she do again?", asked Eddard, sighing deeply.