Baelor (Audelia POV)

"Here, I brought you two something to eat", offered Gendry when he finally made his way upstairs after a long day of working. Arya woke up, nodding thankfully and eating the food. Gendry extended me the loaf of bread but I shook my head.

"I don't eat dinner", I explain and he looked at me confused.

"What do you mean you don't eat dinner?", he asked, completely taken aback.

"My mother used to tell me that my future husband will only care about what I look like, so I need to make sure to keep my figure", I explain further.

"So... you don't eat dinner?", asked Gendry again and I nodded, not really wanting to talk about it. 

I've always been quite small, but I stopped growing after I began eating less. I guess my body just didn't have the nutrients. I didn't mind though, I had to make my mother happy by being the Beauty of the North, even if it meant starving myself from time to time.

It was quite for a few moments, they were both just eat while I was staring out the window.

"You still won't tell me what happened?", asked Gendry after he finished his food. Arya sat quietly, fiddling with her thumbs.

"Our father was named traitor and is now imprisoned", explained Arya quickly and I shot her a look.

"What? That is bull crap! He would never dishonor himself like that!", argued Gendry.

"Yet he doesn't have the upper hand. Robert is dead. Joffrey is the rightful King.", I argued, refraining of telling him too much since it could put him in danger later.

"Wait, King Robert is dead?", repeated Gendry.

"Keep up", whispered Arya, shaking her head in disapproval.

"So what are you going to do now? You have to get back to the North as soon as possible. King's Landing isn't safe", urged Gendry but I shook my head.

"Sansa is still in the Red Keep. I'm not leaving her. Besides, father is still alive, I can't just leave him", I argued.

"It's not like you can do much. There is one of you, and thousands of them. If you go to the North, perhaps you can rally up enough men to get your sister and father back", propose Gendry and Arya nodded in agreement.

"We won't win this fight alone Audelia", she added and I sighed.

"I know. But I worry that there isn't enough time for me to rally up men. For all we know, father could already be dead, and Sansa could be next. What's stopping them from executing them?", I ask. 

"Exactly why you should go to the North. You two are safe there", said Gendry.

"But what if they are alive still? What if they need help?", I argue.

"Nothing we say will make you change your mind, will it?", asked Gendry rhetorically.

I shake my head stubbornly. I had to get back inside the castle. I had to do something. Even if it meant pleading on my knees. Even if it meant taking my fathers place, and getting executed myself.

"Let's decide in the morning. Our heads will be clearer by then", proposed Gendry and Arya and I nodded in agreement. We all moved to the bed. 

Gendry lied down facing the wall and I lied down, my back touching his. Arya fell asleep in my arms as I held her close, trying to salvage every moment of this. Who knew, this could be my last few hours alive.

I didn't get a wink of sleep. I lied awake all night, thinking of every possible solution. Perhaps they would have mercy, and instead send my father to the wall. It's not the best, but he would be alive, safe. I decided to go the palace and beg for my father's forgiveness in the morning. But that plan didn't work out.