I Served House Stark Once But House Stark Is Dead(Audelia POV)

House Glover refused to help us.

I understood why, Robb refused to help them, and the Boltons didn't. Thanks to Roose and Ramsay, Lord Glover had his castle and his family back. But I also knew that he didn't particularly like Ramsay. If he did, he would have refused to talk with us, or may have captured us, sending us back to the Boltons.

I was glad he didn't do any of that but still upset that he wasn't going to help.

We did however receive support from House Hornwood, and House Mazin. It wasn't much, but it was all we could get. Now we just had to pray my Uncle, the Blackfish would also help us. Although, I didn't know if he had much of an army. Perhaps a couple hundred at most.

Our army was not large enough. We had half of what Ramsay did. But we were running out of time quickly, Ramsay would soon kill Rickon, I knew he would. And we could not allow that. 

Rickon was my youngest sibling. My silly, innocent, energetic little brother, annoying at times but he was just a child. And I promised father I would protect my siblings. If I couldn't protect him now.... I will never forgive myself.

"Hey", said a voice behind me, and I heard them sit down beside me on the log.

"Hello", I greet back. 

"We'll get Rickon back, I promise", said Jon.

"We need more men", I urge. "We will not win with the men we have".

"What we need, is to attack while we still can. We have an army, we have free folk men, you have never seen them fight, but they fight stronger and better than any other men I have seen", assured me Jon.

"I don't doubt it, but I don't want to risk it. We have worked so hard to get to where we are now. Let's just wait a little longer, at least until Uncle Brynden joins us", I plead.

"IF Uncle Brynden joins us", he said.

"He will", I assured him but he just raised one eyebrow.

"Sending the Lannister to negotiate with Uncle Blackfish, was as smart as building on quick Sand", he mumbled. "They are enemies-".

"Don't call him Lannister, call him by his name. Jaime. And I don't think the problem is that I send him to negotiate with Uncle, the problem is that you don't trust him or like him for the matter", I bite back.

"You are right, I don't like him. He pushed Bran out of the window, crippling him for life. He attacked father in the streets, his bastard son killed Father, your Mother, and Robb. How can you love someone like that?", he asked me and I turned to him.

"I love Jaime because he is a good man", I said and Jon scoffed but he didn't say anything. "He didn't cut Father's head off, he didn't cut Mother's throat, he didn't stab Robb in the heart, or stab Talisa in the stomach. Yes he attacked father, but it was because his little brother, Tyrion was captured by my mother for a crime he did not commit. He pushed Bran out of the window because he was protecting his family. He is good, and loyal and brave. He saved all of the Seven Kingdoms from the Mad King. He has endured the insults and backlash from that for decades. He may have done questionable things but who hasn't? He did the best he could with the information, and resources he had.".