Baratheon's dream

King's Landing was described to me as a place of wonders. Many opportunities, many interesting people, dangers, adventures. All I've seen were old men ogling me while I walked past, and women whispering behind my back. Annoying really. It didn't help that I practically didn't know anyone in this city, or this castle and I had no one to spend my time with. 

I missed Winterfell, I missed Jon, Robb, Rickon, Bran, Winter, even mother. I missed the cold, and the friendly northerners. It was boring here.

"Ah Lady Stark, what a pleasure to see you here", greeted Lord Baelish as he walked towards me. I was in the gardens, admiring the roses when he had approached me.

"Lord Baelish, nice to see you too", I replied.

"Would you walk with me, my lady?", asked Littlefinger sweetly and I couldn't say no, although I certainly wanted to.

"Of course my lord", I replied. I hooked my arm through his as we walked, admiring the garden.

"Your father being Hand of the King has certainly been a very pleasant experience. It is different now though from when Jon Arryn used to be here. May he rest in peace", began Baelish and I nodded in agreement. I had only met Jon Arryn once when I was a little girl and we had travelled to King's Landing with father and Robb.

"Well my father does often have a different point of view, a different way. It was one of the things most liked about him", I replied, with a stiff smile. Lord Baelish nodded as we turned a corner continuing our walk.

"Excuse my curiosity, my lady. But you have reached the age of marriage, or at least, you may now begin to think about it. Do you have anyone in mind?", asked Littlefinger with a calm voice. 

"I haven't met the charming fellow I shall call my husband yet. Don't worry, when I do, you will in attendance at my wedding", I said, and he looked at a little insulted but hid it.

"Thank you, my lady. That is generous of you. I did hope however that you would look into the political gain in marrying as soon as possible. It would strengthen your father as the Hand of the King, and it would certainly strengthen the North", continued Lord Baelish.

"We are already strong, my lord. Besides, we all know that marriages don't often turn out the way we want them to", I argue gently, and he smiled. "I do believe that you have some ideas of who is to be honored to marry me?".

"I have a few mere suggestions. Loras Tyrell, Oberyn Martell, or perhaps the best of all, the Prince".

"The Prince? Really?", I ask, trying to see if he was really serious.

"Yes my lady. I had heard he had taken a liking at you, since the... incident with the wolves. And you are known as one of the most beautiful women in the whole Realm", continued Baelish. I looked at him like he was mad.

"I will never marry that boy. I will not shame my House that way, now if we are done, I must get going".

"Of course, my lady. Although, I would still advise you, my lady-", pushed Littlefinger but I stopped him.

"You are not my advisor, Lord Baelish. And I do not appreciate you trying to force me into something I don't want", I say, unhooking my arm and looking at him.

"My lady, I merely meant that it is a thought to think about", he argued but I held my hand up, stopping him from continuing.

"Lies come easily to you, everyone knows that. But innocence, decency and concern, you're not very good at those, I'm afraid.", I say and walk away from him, not bothering to look back.

Marriage? I was only 16, barely a woman. But I would be lying if I said that I never thought about it. There were many high lords that would be worthy of me, and my mother never failed to remind me that they wouldn't want a beast for a wife. Exactly why I wanted to meet the man, fall in love and get married only when I knew for certain I was ready to spend the rest of my life with him. I didn't want to be forced, I never liked being told what to do. My father, my brothers, my sisters knew that, but my mother apparently did not. You are as wild as the storms in the sea, said my mother. I would just roll my eyes, dismissing her thoughts. Some people were never meant to do some things. Arya wasn't meant to be a lady as she had expressed on multiple occasions, Joffrey wasn't meant to marry my sister or be the future King, and perhaps I wasn't meant for marriage, or to be a lady.