The Army I Promised(Jaime POV)

A raven from Audelia had arrived, saying that the Mormonts had agreed to an allegiance, as well as the Free Folk. Now they were heading to talk to House Glover I presumed. I didn't know every House of the North, I never really thought I'd end up here. But I would not be anywhere else.

"That is a sorry attempt at a siege", remarked Bronn as we watched from afar the army of the Freys surround Riverrun.

"Good, we need the Tully's", replied Brienne.

"How do you propose we get them? Waltz in and say 'Hello Lord Tully! We are friends with your niece, Lady Stark. Will you help them?'", I asked sarcastically, Bronn smirked and Brienne just rolled her eyes.

Our whole journey here reminded me a lot of when she was set to bring me to Riverrun as a prisoner. Now I am here with her at Riverrun, but not as a prisoner, as a friend.

"Something like that", she replied. 

"We have to get rid of the Freys before the Lannister army arrives. Later when the North is returned to the Starks, we call all fight together to retake Riverrun", proposed Brienne but I shook my head.

"If the Lannister army isn't here by now, they will never come. Cercei is not interested in helping the Freys. She is most likely more interested on how to get more control over the Kingdom, now that my uncle, Kevan Lannister is Hand of the King", I replied.

"The Tully's could easily defeat the Freys if they had a little more men", added Bronn. 

I suddenly got an idea, and began riding forward.

"What are you doing? You are going to get seen!", whisper yelled Brienne and as if on queue, two Frey riders rode up to us.

"Kingslayer, pleasure to see you here!", greeted one of the riders. I clenched my jaw but held myself together. 

"Where is the army?", asked the other.

"I was send to assess the situation by the King", I reply, lying through my teeth.

"May we see the order?", asked the Frey soldier. I raised my eyebrows and laughed.

"Are you saying I would lie? Are you saying I would commit treason against my King, my nephew?", I asked, sounding offended.

"O-of course not, my lord. We were just-", stumbled the Frey.

"What he means is that we heard you left King's Landing out of nowhere, and were proclaimed traitor to the crown", continued the soldier.

"You listen to the vile rumours? That is low. People love to gossip, who doesn't? Now let's start over, and forget this happened", I continued, faking my smile. "I was sent by the King with my two companions, to assess the situation, and talk to the Blackfish, and hopefully get a truce".

"Then you won't mind if we write a raven to the King asking him that?", asked the Frey and I had to refrain from slapping him across the face.

"Go ahead, but don't blame us when the King doesn't send help to you to retake Riverrun", said Bronn as he rode closer.

"Is that a bloody woman?", asked one of the Freys and I turned to him.

"You have exactly one minute to allow us to pass through your very funny attempt at a siege and talk to the Blackfish", I threatened.

"Or what?", challenged the Frey son.

"Or the King will send troops here but not for the reasons you think. He doesn't need the Frey's. He gave Riverrun to the Freys to hold Riverrun. But if we have to ride North every time you lose it... why do we need you?", I asked rhetorically.