You Win Or You Die(Audelia POV)

"Hey Gendry".

"Hello", he greeted back as he hit his hammer on a sword he was making. 

"You're getting better", I compliment him as I look at the work he has already done today, picking up a dagger and examining it.

"Is that so?", he asked back playfully making me smile. He put the sword into water, cooling it down significantly. I looked at him, my smile falling. I knew I had to say goodbye.

"I'm leaving for Winterfell", I say, deciding to cut the chase. He looked up, and I saw pain in his eyes.

"Why? Was it something I did? Are your parents angry about what we did? I knew they would be, I'm sorry", asked Gendry, exploding with questions and apologies, I put my hands up stopping him.

"No, it's not your fault. My lord father wants me and my sisters back in the North, 'for our safety'", I put air quotes around the last part. He nods, but doesn't continue his work. "I'm sorry, I just found out this morning."

"It's not your fault", he replied, looking at me, a sad smile on his face. 

"But I was hoping we could spend today, as a goodbye", I say with hope in my voice.

"I would love to but you know, not everyone is rich like you around here, I still have to work to survive around here somehow", he said and I chuckled at his remark and pull out a small bag of coins.

"Don't worry, this should be enough for you to have the day off. If you want to that is", I say and he smirks at me.

The smith came over, angry that Gendry wasn't doing any work but then he noticed me, bowing immediately.

"M'lady, what a nice surprise, what can I do for you?", he greeted and I rolled my eyes at him but only Gendry noticed.

"Just wanted to borrow this young gentleman, I hope this covers it". I extend the bag of coins to the smith and he opens it greedily. He nods happily. I knew I paid him more than Gendry would make in probably a week, but it was also my somewhat going away present. Maybe the smith will stay off his back for a while.

"Where do you want to go?", he asked as soon as we left. I pulled my hood on as to not get recognized and we quickly walked down the street.

"Buns", I reply with one word. He didn't need to question where we were going anymore.

We arrived at the shop, ordering the usual.

"You know, since the last time I saw you, I was working on something. Nothing special really, but since you are going away, it could be something you remember me by", said Gendry, rubbing the back of his neck. He got something out of his pocket, and showed it to me.

It was a beautiful, silver necklace with a charm.

"It's a wave, symbolizing the time we went swimming if you remember

"It's a wave, symbolizing the time we went swimming if you remember..", trailed off Gendry and I smiled brightly as I took the necklace carefully from his hands.