Bastard (Audelia's POV)

(I will be posting Audelia's outfits every chapter in the slot above)

"Why are we going to that shop? If we needed weapons we could have just gone to the King's smith", I ask as we walk down the street in the city. I had told father that I wanted to visit the city and he insisted that he came with me. Now he didn't let me out of his sight or earshot, and had made me come with him to some Smith shop.

"Jon Arryn visited here, I want to know why", he explained in a whisper.

"You shouldn't be out here, my Lord and my Lady. There is no telling who has eyes where", tried to warn Jory but father didn't listen.

"Let them look", replied my father stubbornly and entered the building. I followed too curious now.

"I'm Lord Eddard Stark, Hand of the King. I have heard that the former hand, Jon Arryn visited here", introduced himself father as I looked around. It was dark and grimy in here but otherwise, it was a nice atmosphere.

"The former Hand did call on me, my Lord, several times. I regret to say he did not honor me with his patronage.", replied the Smith as I turned my attention back to the conversation.

"What did Lord Arryn want?", I asked, not waiting for my father to say anything. I was too curious.

"He always came to see the boy", replied the Smith looking between my father and I. I exchanged a look with my dad. A boy?

"I'd like to see him as well", pushed my father and the Smith nodded.

"As you wish, my Lord. Gendry!", yelled the Smith loudly, making me jump a little. A boy, or rather, a young man joined us. He looked familiar but not quiet and I wasn't sure why. "Here he is. Strong for his age. He works hard. Show the Hand the helmet you made, lad.", continued the Smith. Gendry extended a helmet he had made and I looked at it as my father took it out of his hands.

"This is fine work", complimented my father and I nodded.

"It is not for sale", replied Gendry stiffly, making both of us look up at the young man. He had balls, I'll give him that.

"Boy! This is the King's Hand. If his lordship wants the helmet...", scolded the Smith but he didn't get to finish.

"I made it for me", pushed Gendry looking at my father with a strong look on his face. He briefly looked at me, and for the first time, he didn't seem to mind my beauty. That made me more curious about him. He was different from other people.

"Forgive him, my Lord", said the Smith, hitting Gendry behind the head, and I stifled a chuckle. Luckily, nobody noticed.

"There's nothing to forgive. When Lord Arryn came to visit you, what would you talk about?", asked my father.

"He just asked me questions is all, my Lord", replied Gendry.

"What kind of questions?", I asked, pushing for more information.

"About my work at first, if I was being treated well, if I liked it here. But then he started asking me about my mother.", explained Gendry.

"Your mother?", repeated my father confused.

"Who she was, what she looked like", explained Gendry.

"What did you tell him?", My father continued his interrogation.

"She died when I was little. She had yellow hair. She'd sing to me sometimes.", replied Gendry. My father nodded and stepped closer.

"Look at me", he ordered and brought Gendry's face closer to his own so he would see into his eyes. "Get back to work, lad. If the day ever comes when that boy'd rather wield a sword than forge one, you send him to me.", ordered my father and the Smith nodded in agreement. Gendry walked back to his station to continue his work and I couldn't help but look after him.