It's Time(Audelia POV)

"What happened to him?", I growl as the maester finished looking him over.

"I told him he should rest. I cut off his rotting flesh, his body is exhausted. Maybe if I had cut off his entire arm, he wouldn't-", explained the maester.

"You are not cutting off his entire arm. Unless there is no other choice", I whisper yelled at the maester, he sighed heavily and finished examining Jaime. I knew Jaime would hate losing his whole arm, his hand was enough to practically destroy him.

"Will he be alright?", I asked concerned.

"If he rests and eats well, he should be just fine", replied the maester, packing up his things and walking out.

I looked at Jaime. He was so different from the golden lion I remember. His hair was longer and much dirtier. He had a beard. He has changed a lot. But he was just as attractive and cocky as the first day I met him. Now I just knew more of him. And I know that he expected for me to be repulsed or to leave him, but I wasn't going to.

I love him.

I sat down on the bed beside him and rest my head on his shoulder. His breathing was a little laboured but the maester didn't seem to think of it as a problem, so I just hoped that he would be alright tomorrow. I gently brushed his hair out of his eyes. I then pulled the furry blanket on him to keep him warm, and I tucked him tightly in. Whenever I was sick, I like to be tucked in tightly, it comforted me. My father always did it. Maybe it would also help Jaime. I rested my head back on his shoulder. I thought of all the times I insulted him during our long travel to King's Landing. It wasn't even over yet. But I would never forgive myself if he died and most of my memories of him were of me insulting him.

I soon fell asleep listening to his slightly raspy breathing. But my sleep didn't last long, or at least it felt that way. I opened my eyes when I felt Jaime move and I raised my head only to be met with his curious bright green eyes.

"I'm surprised you haven't run away yet", he said and cleared his voice awkwardly.

"Why should I?", I ask.

"I told you my sad story about how I became who I am. You should be hating me, or at least looking at me with disgust", he explained.

"But I don't".

"But you don't. Why?".

"We both lost enough, it's time we won a little, don't you think?".

"I don't think I deserve that", he murmured but I gently took his chin and brought it to me.

I kissed him softly on the lips and he kissed me back immediately, no hesitation. We both deepened our kiss and explored each others mouths. And we finally pulled away for some air, we look at each other's eyes.

He then noticed one of my necklaces, the one Gendry gave me. And he looked back up at me. I was about to tell him that I didn't love Gendry, that he didn't mean to me as much as Jaime did but he spoke first.

"I love you. And he may have been your first love but I intend to be your last, however long it takes", he whispered and I looked at him in awe. Then I smirked.

"He wasn't my first love", I whisper back as I look at his lips seductively. 

"You were".

His face was surprised. He didn't expect me to say that. 

I kissed him passionately on the lips and he kissed me back.

We were the only ones that mattered.

The only ones in the world that mattered right now.

Just us.

He pulled me on top of him as we rolled on the bed, deepening our kiss. His hand caressed my cheek, and my hands went to his hair, running my fingers through it. Although it was dirty, I didn't care.