The Ride (Audelia POV)

It was early in the morning as I was packing my things. The Septa told me that my things were folded the wrong way, making me repack everything. Why did I wait until the last moment to do this? I had a whole day but instead I decided to spend it doing nothing useful. The sun has not even risen yet, and I knew that all my siblings were still asleep. Winter was watching me intently from his spot on my bed. 

I had decided not to bring Winter with me to King's Landing like my two sisters. He wouldn't be happy there, he enjoyed the cold, hunting and burying himself in the snow, so I decided to send him with Jon to the wall. I would miss my direwolf terribly but I wanted him to be happy unlike me. Besides, if I couldn't go to the wall with Jon, at least a part of me would.

"Are you excited to go to the wall with Jon", I asked in a sweet voice as I cradled Winter's head. He looked at me for a second and then began to violently lick my face. Such a silly boy. "Alright, alright, I think I'm clean now", I said making him stop. I walked over to my sword, putting it in my travel bag, since I doubted it would be much use while riding. I did however strap the dagger Jon gifted me to my belt, hidden by the cloak.

I walked to my bookcase, picking up some books for me to read. I also took my notebook with me. I drew in it constantly, just little doodles, portraits, or whatever came to my mind. I had a picture drawn of every family member I saw. My father, my brothers, my sisters, even my mother. I had also drawn a portrait of Theon, even though he could be questionable at times, I grew up with him. He was like a brother to me. I had a picture of the weirwood tree, of Winter and Ghost playing. I would treasure these drawing forever, because even when my family was apart, I had a reminder of them with me. 

A knock on my door startled me, so I quickly put away my drawing in the middle of my travel baggage, closing it with a loud thump. I opened the door and my father stood there with a smile.

"May I come in?", he asked, his voice was a little loud for me, it was still very early in the morning.

"Father, why are you up so early?", I asked but I shouldn't be surprised. My father had always been an early bird.

"We are leaving for King's Landing soon and I wanted to give you a present beforehand", replied my father and he handed me a small wrapped bundle. I unwrapped it, revealing a beautiful necklace. It wasn't bright or colourful. It was made of metal and gold. The Stark sigil.

"It's beautiful father

"It's beautiful father. I love it", I thanked him, hugging him tightly before putting on the necklace. It hung loosely on my neck.

"I want you to always remember who you are. You are a Stark, a Stark of Winterfell. No matter who says what, no matter what you do, or who you marry, you will always be a Stark.", continued Father, looking down at me. Both of his hands were on my shoulders, gripping them softly.

"I know", I replied knowingly.

"What are our words?", asked my father.

"Winter is Coming", I replied confidently.